Chloé S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by dodencebt, Sep 27, 2018.

1. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

2. dodencebt

3. dodencebt

4. dodencebt

5. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

I liked it, more so than her deput collection, it’s less complicated for starters and I absolutely loved all the prints and colors along with the bags and shoes.

It does kind of look like Loewe S/S 17 in some looks but I can still see a rather distinctive look that feels very Chloé.

6. perhydrol

perhydrol Member

When you edit out all the FASHION!!! stuff she's been doing since her day one, you'll get a really nice, relaxed collection that is rooted in the Chloé by Stella. I just get a similar vibes.

7. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Come through Natacha!
    This is great, marvelous!
    In a short amount of time, she has developed her vision in a very direct way. She went back to the origins of Chloé, the Karl years, the years of flou and this collection is almost 100% about flou.

It's really difficult to do something so busy (in terms of prints, fabrics, details) but yet effortless and modern.
    She did what Michael Kors failed to do: take a very common theme, almost a non fashion theme and gave it a fashion credibility.

The only low point if the bags with the big "C" hardware. I find it tacky! She needs to stop doing that even more now that Celine is also doing the "C" thing.

Great show, great cast and great music!

8. dodencebt

Yes, that was the first thing I thought of. I find it tacky in both bags, who wants to carry a C that large for crying out loud.

9. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

I hated the shoes and some of the "C" bags but the rest of the collection was nice and felt cohesive, which rarely happens nowadays.

It still feels a bit LV with the styling but not as much.

10. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

It's a very nice collection.

11. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Active Member

oh god this is so messy! horrible collection tbh

Benn98 likes this.
  12. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

You got me all in now Natasha! I was smiling during the whole video. A truly fashion moment.
    HOW she manage to make those prints to look worthy and expensive?? Now, thats REAL talent.

13. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Active Member

She totally stepped up her game. This is soooo good!

14. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

For someone who has been in the shadow of another designer, for some she still is. I think she's done a successful job at creating her own vision and point of view at Chloé. A year in and Natacha has created a women who may not be exactly defined yet ... I can see her idea. Overall a decent show.

15. chloehandbags

chloehandbags Active Member

Looks better in motion.

I like the pink T-shirt, some of the earrings and even some of the C bags.

Just not sure about all the silhouettes, or the prints - I would say the latter are just OK, rather than anything very exciting.

I'm still not sure if Natacha is really in tune with the DNA of the brand?

Yes, there are some nice pieces and the shows are more interesting than Clare's, in terms of the details; but it's not really cohesively there, yet, in my honest opinion.

It should be a slightly softer, slightly rounder, slightly more feminine (without being overly girly), slightly sexier (without being vulgar) version of what she would normally produce and I'm not really sure this is that?

If I had to rate the last three designers, I would definitely put Hannah first.

She seemed to really get what the brand was about, added something to it and then left way too soon.

16. chanelh

chanelh Active Member

it's sleepy even just roll down to the btm of the page....but again, it's chloe, it should be safe, beige and boring

17. chloehandbags

chloehandbags Active Member

It shouldn't, though.

The beautiful colours of the Egyptian desert, including pink-tinted sands and blue skies, are part (although, not all, of the brand).

Doesn't mean the brand should be "safe, beige and boring".

That would be a total misinterpretation.

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  18. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

What Natacha is doing might not be in tune with the Post-Philo direction which was blonde, safe, british and which somehow became a cliché, but she is more in tune with the original spirit of the house.
    That spirit was of course the flou but also those very wild influences and some surrealism (Karl referenced Schiaparelli a lot at Chloe).
    This is more in tune with my favorite era of Chloe in recent years, which was the Paolo Melin Anderson.

One common point among all of those designers is the desire to keep the 70’s spirit.

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  19. Mathewthew

Mathewthew Member

I really love this collection. She delivers something really different from other brands and we can truly see her Chloe.
    I really love the accessories, the earrings, the belt, the bracelet, but not the C bag.

20. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

Love everything except the graphic tees with the hand signals. Giving me Jay-Z HOVA vibes.