Chloe Sevigny

Chloe Sevigny at the Lucien Restaurant in New York 11/06/2020
chloe-sevigny-at-the-lucien-restaurant-in-new-york-11-06-2020-0.jpg
chloe-sevigny-at-the-lucien-restaurant-in-new-york-11-06-2020-3.jpg

celebmafia​

By Lana Florsheim
Chloë Sevigny, the It Girl of ’90s New York, had her first baby in May. The actor, model, fashion designer and director, known for her roles in epochal movies like Kids and American Psycho and critically acclaimed TV shows like Big Love and American Horror Story, now says she can hardly recognize herself: “I will go days and be like, Have I even bathed? Have I bathed the baby?”

Sevigny aptly plays a mom, an Army colonel named Sarah who moves her family to a U.S. Army base in Italy, in We Are Who We Are. Luca Guadagnino’s new coming-of-age HBO show follows Sarah’s son, Fraser, and his friend Caitlin, two 14-year-old Americans who form an unlikely connection. Sevigny finished filming last fall, and since the coronavirus outbreak, she and her fiancé, gallerist Siniša Mačković, have been isolating mostly in their Manhattan apartment with baby Vanja, borrowing a car from her brother, the DJ and nightclub owner Paul Sevigny, to get around. (Originally from the suburban town of Darien, Connecticut, Sevigny, 45, is resolute that she’s “not moving back,” though she makes regular visits to see her mom and brother.)

While in Italy last year, Sevigny made an unexpected addition to her morning routine that she’s brought home and kept. After a lifetime of not drinking coffee, she found that her taste buds changed during her first trimester of pregnancy. Looking for something with minimal caffeine, she picked up a container of Mount Hagen instant coffee from a health food store. It remains her go-to. “I don’t really know enough about coffee; I just know I don’t like it weak,” she says. “People will be like, ‘Isn’t instant coffee weak?’ To me, it seems very flavorful.”

Sevigny speaks to WSJ. about other parts of her Monday mornings and motherhood: the “boatload” of vitamins she takes, her at-home uniform and how she opened up to the possibility of having a boy.

What’s the first thing you do after waking up?
There’s a 3 or 4 a.m. wake-up, and then there’s an 8 or 9 a.m. wake-up. I lean over the [baby’s] bassinet next to us, unswaddle him so he can stretch for a few minutes, and he gets really psyched. That’s really exciting for me to watch because I’m a new mother. He’s like a little cat: unfurls and stretches and hangs out for a minute. We both just hang out. Then I get up, change him and feed him before I even have coffee.

What do you eat for breakfast to start the week off right?
I’ve been trying to eat these steel-cut oats that come in a pretty tin. [I’ve heard] they’re good for milk pro duction. I eat them with apples and banana and some cinnamon, and I just started on the oat milk tip, which I know everybody is on right now.

Do you take any vitamins?
I take a boatload of vitamins because of the baby: prenatals, DHA, vitamin D, and then when you’re breastfeeding you also have to take calcium. I’m taking a fenugreek and blessed thistle [supplement] that’s supposed to also help with milk production.

How has being a new mom shifted your routines?
I’m usually really good at time management. I’m actually really proud of how I get everything done in a day. I keep lists, and I’m very organized. Since I’ve had the baby, I’m just like, I don’t know how anybody gets anything done. I have to cook for everyone, then clean, then feed him, then clean him. We’re lucky we have my mother coming and helping us a few times a week for a few hours. We’ve been lucky that Siniša’s been home from work, and he helps all the time. He’s on Zoom calls 24 hours a day, half of them holding the baby.

“I’m very girl-power, girl-friendly, girl-centric. I don’t even have that many male friends unless I’d slept with them or whatever.”
— Chloë Sevigny

What was it like working with Luca Guadagnino and filming We Are Who We Are in Italy?
He’s doing 101 things at once on set, like reading four different tablets and doing art [for] some fashion line—I think he was doing Fendi—and he was also interior-designing [for his firm, Studio Luca Guadagnino] and directing. It was crazy to watch the way his brain worked. But when he was focused, he was laser-focused, and all of his ideas were brilliant.

[During the shoot] I was going through my crazy first trimester. The whole experience was very full in all kinds of directions. And working with the boy who plays my son, Jack Dylan Grazer—he’s a prodigy. He’s very energetic. I was around so much boy energy, and I didn’t know what I was going to have at the time. I’d always secretly desired a girl. I guess that’s not a secret if I’m talking about it to WSJ. But I’m very girl-power, girl-friendly, girl-centric. I don’t even have that many male friends unless I’d slept with them or whatever. But on set I kept thinking, What if I have a kid like this kid Jack? First of all, he’s brilliant, so that would be great; but secondly, he has so much energy. It was a lot of meditating on that one.

What about quarantine style? Last year, you were wearing bike shorts with a suit jacket; now everyone’s wearing bike shorts.
I think that was a Mugler outfit in Cannes. The post-pregnancy style is very tricky because you can’t really get away with the extra middle weight. I’m doing some Zoom Pilates classes and going on walks and trying to diet but not diet. I’ve been wearing a lot of Adidas shorts and button-downs because you also need to access your boobs a lot for pumping and feeding. It’s like, When can I ever have my body back to myself? There are Birkenstocks involved. There are some Ugg slippers that are involved. I have these really chic Charvet slippers I get in Paris, and I couldn’t even fit in those slippers. It’s not pretty over here.

What’s your beauty routine like?
That routine right now has sadly fallen a little by the wayside. Now, usually, it’s just mascara. I do a lot of Epsom bath soaks because I’m lifting the child in a way that I haven’t really been using my body in for a while. I can’t wait to get back to the dermatologist.

What’s the best part of motherhood so far?
It’s just a hormonal surge. You feel like you’re on Ecstasy for the first three weeks because there’s this big push because you’re so exhausted. Your body exudes this crazy oxytocin love hormone where you just feel like you’re high. That was really fun. I was like, I would do this again, just for this high.

What are you doing to relax?
As corny as it sounds, staring in the baby’s eyes. It’s really just about being with the baby and showing him as much love right now as possible: tummy time, getting on the ground with him, introducing rattles. Then Dad and I will drink wine and we cook and watch a lot of HBO and Netflix and Criterion. There’s this cartoon on HBO [Max] called Summer Camp Island. It’s for children, first of all, but after some Chris Hayes on MSNBC—watching the nurses and doctors talking and I want to just jump off a cliff because of Covid and how sad it is—I turn on some Summer Camp Island.

What’s one piece of advice that’s guided you?
My mom always instilled, “Maintain a little bit of mystery.” I think it’s very hard in this day and age to do that. I’ve tried to keep things pretty close to my chest, not entirely, but I think there’s a certain elegance to trying to do that.

Chloë Sevigny’s Five Monday Must-Haves
im-222388

PHOTO: MAX BURKHALTER
Five Wits Shampoo and Conditioner “I did go and get some more of that from my friend’s salon, Blackstones. Siniša is now addicted to their products as well. It’s a scent thing for me. I’m very specific about the scents I use.”

im-222387

PHOTO: COURTESY OF DR. BRONNER’S
Dr. Bronner’s Organic Sugar Soaps “You have a baby one and a peppermint one, and those are essential in every sink.”

im-222389

PHOTO: MAYBELLINE NEW YORK
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara “It’s been my go-to since I started wearing mascara, with the big brush, the dark black. I’ve tried other brands, but they don’t really satisfy my mascara urge and addiction.”

im-222391

Weleda Skin Food Moisturizer “Because there’s so much handwashing.”

im-222390

Chloë Sevigny LITTLE FLOWER “I made a perfume. Last year it came out with Régime des Fleurs. I made sure baby is OK with it, because they’re very sensitive to smell.”"

wsj.com

Much prefer the fit of those trousers on her than the previous ones.

8th March 2021.

MEMMglS.jpg

3rd March 2021.
(I wonder if this is actually her. The boots and jeans don't seem like something she'd wear.)

ZhnPI9q.jpg

1st March 2021.

DasPrds.jpg

hawtcelebs.com​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"