Chloe S/S 2005 Paris

From FWD:

Chloe: This is as Cool as It Gets

October 11, 2004 - Paris

Designers injected large doses of the 18th century into their collections this season, but nobody managed to do so with quite the same élan, conviction and sex appeal as Phoebe Philo, the creative director of Chloe.

On Saturday afternoon in the Tuileries Gardens, Philo staged what’s probably her best collection for Chloe, whose sunny self-assurance contrasted starkly with the downpour and huge puddles, through which hundreds of high-heeled fashionistas struggled on their way to the show.

Two looks, worn by models Polina Kouklina and Dewi Dringen, summed up Philo’s pretty remarkable ability to juggle ideas. Both gals wore beautiful little jackets part motorcycle look, part revolutionary Palais Royal Gent that were nigh on perfect. The 18th century popped up again in some fabulous patchwork jackets and coats in light gray and white, one of which on Brazilian bombshell Isabelli Fontana had editors throughout the packed audience scribbling furiously, Must Have.

In the most voluminous season in memory in terms of silhouette, Philo used the loser cut better than pretty well any of her peers. She has such a good sense of fabric choice – like silk ottoman or washed taffeta - that her loser cut always manages to look sexy, never frumpy.

Philo also sent out seersucker, a big trend in women’s fabrics, and once again her choice of boyish jackets and trousers in her signature long mannish cut was flawless.

Add in a great color palette – faded silvers, dusty yellows and washed out greens – and it all made for a great show, finished elegantly by Daria Werbowy in a particularly lovely silk criss-cross dress that you know will grace editorial pages on five continents very soon. Plus, the Phoebe showed a great new Paddington bag with lock attached on a leather strap that screamed sure fired hit.

“I just feel very, very happy. I hope that comes out in the clothes,” said Philo, sporting a six-months pregnant bump, covered by a faded tie-dyed top.

In short, Chloe has become the new definition of contemporary cool fashion in Paris. Not bad going for just seven collections by Philo.

This is what I want to wear when I get fed up with tailored stuff. I love when the moment when I want to take a new direction with my own wardrobe coincides with a timely collection which makes lovely suggestions. I know this is pretty similar to her other collections (but that cheese-shirt with high-waisted jeans SS04 collection was truly awful though), but it just seems better and more personal and more probable for me. :innocent: A total delight, and the scarf makes it seem very Burberry by Christopher Bailey. But then again, I don't live in England, so I can't say if it is creative styling or not. B)

And I am surprised by the plethora of evening options. Nice, casual stuff for girls on the go and the sequins provide just a hint of glamour. I feel relaxed and happy just looking at these. They can be dressed up and down so easily:

00160f.jpg
00250f.jpg

00210f.jpg
00100f.jpg

00170f.jpg
00050f.jpg

00290f.jpg
00090f.jpg

00340f.jpg
00360f.jpg

00350f.jpg
00380f.jpg

Let's just hope Kirsten Dunst won't beat me to this...
Not too high on the pants though.

Definately a wearable collection. Everything looks so light and at ease~

Originally posted by luna@Oct 9 2004, 05:18 PM
Maybe it's just me and my weird quirks.. but I really hate it when clothes on the runway flash some boob by accident. :censored:
[snapback]391892[/snapback]​

If it's a weird quirk, count me in, 'cause I don't like it either.

Thanks for posting, I like the collection

I actually like it. Its simple and sporty and thats what American women seem to like these days.These looks echo many other American/New York younger labels IMO ( though Chloe is not an American label).

I have been spotting a lot of people wearing Chloe dress on Gemma:

02f.jpg
19f.jpg

06f.jpg

Style.com

just been thinking about this collection - it really has been very good. I have really enjoyed seeing it (even though I can't afford it). I love the nautical feel. It has been so widely adopted by so many - celebs, mags, high street stores etc. well done pheobe

i've seen a chloe leather jacket in the latest issue of vogue paris, it is from s/s 2005 collection?

Who really cares if it looks similar to the other collections?

I still love it!!!

The blouses...

and especially the blue halter/sequin dress that seems to be so popular....

and those shoes...(the black ones)
00360f.jpg

I love Chloe, it's soo easy but still very put together and classy. Just love it.

This season Pheobe created a very boyish look but softened it with a bit of feminism, I really liked it. I also LOVED last year's season.

I absolutely LOVED this collection - best Chloe collection EVER!

ps. does anyone have a video of this? or a firstview account? because the collection is up on there and its restricted access :(

^I loved S/S 05 as well.. here's the collection from a slightly better angle..

[lerage]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->