Chloe 'Silverado' Bag

I was always a bit suspicious of the quality of the python on the chloe silverado bags. I think yours was probably handled a lot already because the python silverados I've seen on display are really bad. :unsure:

vintage_princess said:
I was always a bit suspicious of the quality of the python on the chloe silverado bags. I think yours was probably handled a lot already because the python silverados I've seen on display are really bad. :unsure:

I think it's a problem that's ony going to happen with the metallics, as meowmix explained. I've had no issues with my brown python and I beat the hell out of it. we'll see when I get the pewter! I sincerely hope this is an aberration. if I can take pictures of it I will -- it has to be seen to be believed!

meeyowsa said:
I think it's a problem that's ony going to happen with the metallics, as meowmix explained. I've had no issues with my brown python and I beat the hell out of it. we'll see when I get the pewter! I sincerely hope this is an aberration. if I can take pictures of it I will -- it has to be seen to be believed!

meeyowsa - I am sorry about how your silverado turned out.

I just got my gold silverado today and I am happy with the condition. There were no scratched/peeling scales, though three scales were bent at the corners of the bag which I am trying to straighten with my fingernails.

The gold, though shiny, is not as "bling-bling" as I thought under natural light and it is truly beautiful. I hope your pewter works out for you, cos I think metallic colours complement the silverado very well. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
baghag21 said:
Ok ladies...time to consider the next purchase from the Fall collection of Silverados.. (Oh dear, and I haven't even gotten my current one... :blush: :lol: :(

PYTHON-SKIN
Indigo blue :crush:
(Dark) Brown
Yellow
Metallic Bronze, as per mentioned by handbagbabe earlier in this thread. This will only come in the Large size.

CALF LEATHER
Tan :heart:
Chocolate brown :heart:
Dark, dark grey

Delivery expected in July. :woot:

I have always been afraid of metallics and just started incorporating them into my warerobe lately. Wouldn't just producing the metallic bronze in a large be too much of a good thing? I would love to have it in the medium, if not the small. I guess I am completely sold on the gold silverado and it would be great if the bronze came in a small.

Of the new colours coming out, I am really curious as to how the indigo and dark brown would work out.

Thanks for the info, baghag...so which one did you put your name down for? :wink:

I think meeyowsa's bag was just handled a LOT, especially if it was just sitting around a dept store versus a small boutique... I think it's something that unfortunately may inevitably happen to all of the metallic bags to a certain degree if they are not cared for well enough.
chiangsi, congrats on your bag :smile: my brown python has bent scales as well... it's bound to happen. I think some of the bags have scales that are just a lil firmer and less prone to bending and some have softer scales... it all depends, but several of them will bend after you wear it.

took another look at my "frankenbag" and here's the kicker: the places not completely covered by gold (either by defect or because the scales have lifted a bit) are black -- that's why it looks so bad! does that make any sense?? it never occurred to me what the original color of the python skin might be (I assume only the natural diamond is, in fact, natural), but is it possible that it's black?? for some reason that really grosses me out. I am so exciting to get rid of this bag.

hm i have bent scales on my brown python and they're still brown...

OHHH you know what actually? I just remembered i was discussing python bags with a friend of mine and she said that awhile back she saw a gold python bag in a vintage shop and that the lifted scales revealed black underneath as well! HMMMM...

Yup, the bent scales on my silverado revealed a black underside too...

chiangsi...I've waitlisted for the Python Indigo & Bronze and the Tan calf leather. Currently the Tan leather one is the one I'm crooning for. :crush: But who knows, by July, I may be all ga-ga over the Yellow!!! :yuk: :lol:

I would love a rich, dark, luxurious Chocolate Medium silverado. The two-toned one this season is gorgeous. However, in light of the availability of a Gold Medium one, the Gold wins hands-down!!! I cannot seem to get it out of my head although I haven't seen an actual bag! :wub:

Did you get the Gold MEDIUM? Are you still getting your brown one from Luisaviaroma? Where did you get the Gold Silverado from? If it was shipped to you, was it packed securely to minimise damage to the bag esp. the python skin? I'll be having the bag delivered to a friend in US and will only be getting it in end July/Aug :( Or maybe I should just get a Large from London as I'll be able to get it earlier in June... :unsure: :bounce:

meeyowsa...You are hilarious....Love your description of the "frankenbag"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

thank god someone finds me funny! I appreciate all the support through these trying times. nighty night.

baghag21 said:
chiangsi...I've waitlisted for the Python Indigo & Bronze and the Tan calf leather. Currently the Tan leather one is the one I'm crooning for. :crush: But who knows, by July, I may be all ga-ga over the Yellow!!! :yuk: :lol:

I would love a rich, dark, luxurious Chocolate Medium silverado. The two-toned one this season is gorgeous. However, in light of the availability of a Gold Medium one, the Gold wins hands-down!!! I cannot seem to get it out of my head although I haven't seen an actual bag! :wub:

Did you get the Gold MEDIUM? Are you still getting your brown one from Luisaviaroma? Where did you get the Gold Silverado from? If it was shipped to you, was it packed securely to minimise damage to the bag esp. the python skin? I'll be having the bag delivered to a friend in US and will only be getting it in end July/Aug :( Or maybe I should just get a Large from London as I'll be able to get it earlier in June... :unsure: :bounce:

wow..seems like you will be getting a lot of silveradoes girl! :D

Yup I got the gold medium while I am waiting for my brown silverado from luisaviaroma. I ordered it from the Chloe NYC store. As for the packing, it was simply stuffed and put in its dustbag and then in its box - I think it's fine, cos my bag turned out all right. I think it would be better to wait for the medium if you can. Just my opinion, but I think metallics may look too overwhelming for the large sizes, whereas the rest of the colours can get away with it.

Maybe you will get lucky and find a medium gold in London if you can't wait? I think you will love the gold, I walked away from getting the gold once, but I am glad that I changed my mind. It has the right amount of luxe and is not shiny-gaudy...kinda like the pointy metallic bow flats that Chloe produced...shiny but wearable for day and night.

Ooh i just got the call for the new brown python this morning.. I guess they're in :ninja:

to go off topic for a sec, what happened to the lux boards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkiZ
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->