Chlorinated Water Bad For Hair?

sugarpea

Reaction score
so im in college and its seems that progressively my hair has gotten thinner...especially in the front...i straighten my hair wiht an iron maybe twice a week..and the only product i put in it is glossing cream...so im ruling out the idea that im damaging my hair by using too many tools and products...

anyway, my friend said that since our water at school is more chlorinated that water in most towns, it does make hair fall out...im skeptical...do any of you know if there is any truth to this? also is there any pill/vitamin i could take to make my hair grow back...ive been to the doctor who said nopthing is wrong..but anyway, i thought id check with the real experts... :P

urgh.. it seems like this is happening to me as well! I never use products in my hair unless I straighten it.. which is rare... anyone have any ideas? Mine seems to be on one side in the very front and that's it!

Most chemicals are bad for your hair. The chlorine is probably not only causing discoloring in your hair.. but also dryness and thinning.

Chlorine is basically a bleach, right? So if you had bleach water on your hair, would you not expect MAJOR damage? If it's the water you wash with, there's not that much I can suggest to you. If it was due to exposure in pools I could maybe help you out more...

Are you sure though, that it's the water?

How is your diet? Are you eating enough to keep your hair beautiful? Are you drinking lots of liquids? Are you stressed out at school? Are you okay?

I have very fine hair.. but lots of it.. but sometimes it always seems to "look" thin.. but it's not..... just blah... very very VERY fine hair.

I recently got it cut shoulder length.. it looks very cute.. and also gives the appearance of being thicker.

Maybe cut your hair a bit shorter.

Maybe you're just going through a sheding period?
I've had periods where I've lost more hair than usual..
another thing..the longer my hair grows..the more I shed, but after starting to take strong zinc tablets however I've lost a lot less hair. :flower:

Are you pulling your hair back everyday in the same way? Pulling hair back constantly can put stress on the front part of your scalp and cause thinning or hair loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liffffff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->