Christian Dior 1996-2002 : The John Galliano Early Years

^ Interesting. Seeing that it is out-of-print, it will probably cost a lot of money, though.

^ There is a Galliano book that was published in 97 or 98 that covered his career prior to the time he was at Dior. I'm pretty sure it's out of print, but I've seen used copies being sold on Amazon.com.

I'm not sure what that book is like, though.

I have that book in hardcover. Galliano by Colin McDowell published in the States in 1997 by Rizzoli. It starts with his childhood... then Central St. Martins... then Givenchy... and finally Dior. Lots of great images by many different photographers as well as behind the scenes photographs. Also some illustrations by Galliano & other images that he contributed that had never before been published. I've seen it used online anywhere from around $60US to over $400US.

all from jalougallery.com

haute couture 97 spring/summer

Last edited by a moderator:
same source

haute couture 97 fall/winter

haute couture 00 fall/winter

that's all for today..enjoy it:flower:maybe i will screencap those rtw shows tomorrow..

Thanks a bunch for posting :flower: I love them all, especially HC SS 99 :heart:

HC S/S 99 is mind blowing :wub:

Oh Kasper! what a lovely birthday gift to me. I am obsessed with and always have been since seeing Carmen walk down the mile-long runway at Versailles with the pink parachute floating behind her the FW HC 99. And the other theme for that show with all the taxidermy. Obsessed. :flower:

so amazing. the amount of creativity that is always streaming through dior is mind boggling. i think galliano is a genius. not afraid to take risks ever. gotta love him!

thanks a lot, Kasper!!

i'd kill for a complete video of HC FW 00 show!!

i love his work now, of course, but... it wouldn't hurt that Galliano would gave us some of his crazyness back, we're not asking much, no?

Kasper! thank you so much for the wonderful pictures-- I really am going to look for pictures of these wonderful shows (especially F/W 00-- how gorgeous! <3)
I miss the old John even more from these pictures-- the way he added so much to 00 f/w and made it flow, I fell in love all over again.

Ready-to-Wear 97 Fall/Winter

source:jalougallery.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->