Christian Dior 1996-2002 : The John Galliano Early Years

^ You're welcome! :flower:

Seriously, it's almost heartbreaking to think that high-res images of Galliano's '90s Dior collections exist and we may never get to see them.

I wish pretty soon we could see the complete HQ video of this collection. Sincerelly the first time I saw some pictures of this show I fell in love crazily with fashion I simply coulnd'nt believe that there was something so, so beautiful in this world. So our romance started. Thanks John!

oh my i don't think i'd ever seen the entire collection in photos. hq no less! thanks for posting

Couture Line: House of Dior (French, founded 1947)
Date: fall/winter 1998–99
Medium: a) silk; b-e) cotton
Dimensions: Length at CB (a:( 52 in. (132.1 cm) Length (b:( 13 3/4 in. (34.9 cm) Length (c,d:( 12 in. (30.5 cm) Length (e (circumference):( 20 in. (50.8 cm)
Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. William McCormick Blair Jr., 2004
Marking: [label] "Christian Dior / HAUTE COUTURE / PARIS"

source: metmuseum.org

This in particular is beautiful. Is this really a Galliano? Difficult to imagine these days.

Please feel free to strike from the record if this has been posted.

A little documentary taken right before heading to Dior.

Very fun to see just how passionate him & his team are (was) about the design process.

the video, the backstage video and the hours and hours of footage please please!

Ugh! Just when I thought I finally forgot about that collection, here comes TFS, rearing it's ugly little head and reminding me all about it.

S/S 2001 couture:

I don't think we've ever seen this official edited version before, right? :heart::heart::heart:

Does anyone have fall 2002 couture, in full and a good quality? PLEASE DM me or upload it to YouTube! :smile:

^ That soundtrack WAS interesting, mostly trance-y techno, remixes of some current music, bits of Bollywood all accompanied by a live orchestra.

To date I still can't find any other version of a video from that show. It's heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->