Christian Dior Addict 2 Fragrance : Masha Novoselova

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by vogue28, Oct 22, 2009.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    source | clmus.com via fadedcolours

2. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Active Member

it looks like Terry Richardson shot but I know he didnt

3. MarionasMuse

MarionasMuse New Member

I adore Dior.Dior is definitely my favorite brand,but that Ad is awful.And model has got hairy arms.That for a woman is awful.I hate women with hairy arms.And the model is so ugly.It totally doesn`t fit or suit the brand.And the Ad looks so cheap.It doesn`t look like an Ad.And i don`t know if this is an Ad.This "Ad" totally doesn`t cover all the Dior/Dior Beauty High Standarts for an Advertising Campaign.It sucks.

4. MarionasMuse

MarionasMuse New Member

And i must add that this "Ad" for a Dior Advert doesn`t have the attitude.

5. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I don't find anything wrong with a women having hairy arms, and using the word "ugly in the same sentence as Masha is just beyond me.
    When I saw this I thought that Dior ads are finally starting to progress again. The styling, colours and photography represent the brand perfectly. It reminds me of previous Dior ads from 2003-2004. When Dior ads where actually eye catching and captivating. This ad certainly had ticked all the box interms of appealing to its target audience.

6. MarionasMuse

MarionasMuse New Member

A woman with any hair on her(except her hair,brows and lashes)is not a woman.(For me only)And that`s only my opinion,because i`m a pedant and a perfectionist.And wow if this is counted as an Advert,in Adverts to have hairy arms...and esp. for a woman!It doesn`t look beautiful at all.

7. SaidTed

SaidTed eye popping

^ hairy arms are something someone is born with, its not like woman really have a choice (unless they wax or shave, which takes lots of effort to upkeep). Most women I know have more arm hair than Masha, I think it is great that Dior is showing that there are many ways a woman can be beautiful!

8. iluvjeisa

iluvjeisa clever ain't wise

It's ok....not sure about all the pink. This is a great fragrance btw.

Nevermind that it would take many precious hours per week for some women to accomplish, and I find fixation on such trivial notions rather pathetic, this notion that a woman should be about as hairy as an infant, and certainly never more than a prepubescent child is the kind of idea that has lead to the the really bland images where you can't see the texture of the skin.

Personally, I think people who have nothing more to say than that they got all the latest surgeries and hair removals should get out of our magazines/ads, and moreover, get out of the editorial teams.

9. Rebe

Rebe Guest

too pink for my taste

10. xerq

xerq !

what's with dior's obsession withe word 'addict'?! :rolleyes:
    it's not a bad ad but the pink is distracting.

11. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

That'll be us all then. Because all of us have hair on our arms, in a variety of colours, ever-changing in the light.

I think also... the price of a luscious head of hair is often luscious hair elsewhere.

In terms of magazine aesthetics, I don't mind seeing a bit of hair, it can be quite erotic, reminding us of the animal side of our nature.

12. iluvjeisa

iluvjeisa clever ain't wise

I guess it's still not as bad as YSL's Opium :lol: I really don't understand how he got away with that.

13. MarionasMuse

MarionasMuse New Member

But all of you sweeties can remove easily ur arm hair.It looks more beautiful i think.And hate is a strong word i used,but i don`t like it and don`t find it beautiful. : P

14. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I am surprised it's there, as normally these beauty ads are airbrushed to high heaven.

15. SaidTed

SaidTed eye popping

I don't think easily is the word to describe upkeeping totally hairless arms.
    Its like compalining that a man doesn't have six pack abs, because he could easily go to the gym four times a week.

16. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

yeah.. or a man with narrow shoulders is not a man..
    what's going to happen when the poor guy sees this, though.. *walks out* :lol:

17. MarionasMuse

MarionasMuse New Member

What is up with this beautiful picture of M.Cotillard?Marion looks flawless and utterly beautiful.

18. SaidTed

SaidTed eye popping

She has peach fuzz on her back and shoulders! And oh my gosh, she probably has hair on her arms too!

19. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

20. SaidTed

SaidTed eye popping

[​IMG]
    allmoviephoto.com