Christian Dior Collections

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by LostInNJ, Oct 12, 2004.

1. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

I know that for the past few seasons, Mr. Galliano's collections haven't gone over so well. Whether it's his couture collections or ready-to-wear collections for Dior, he manages to always draw some sort of negative publicity. My question to you is, what do you think the quintessential should include, and which collection has best displayed that. For me, it was his Fall 2002 RTW collection. I thought it had the perfect balance between wearability and literall interpretation of an inspiration...All opinions are welcome, along with many pics :flower:

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

3. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Aside from his early collections for Dior (s/s 97 HC especially), I think that the HC collections for both 2001 seasons were a good representation of Galliano's strengths. Both exuded his unbridled creativity and inspiration while still being user friendly, well, as user friendly as haute couture can be. The s/s collection had a great selection of daywear-ish suits as well as beautifully detailed evening gowns and the f/w collection was a great show of his talent for using various ethnic influences and it was lots of fun too.

s/s 01
    [​IMG][​IMG]

f/w 01
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. AlexN

AlexN New Member

Cool thread. So I guess boobs have been in on the runway for a long time...