Christian Dior Cruise 2022 by Julia Hetta

Frederic01

Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Dior Showcases Sneakers in Cruise Campaign at Greek Temple
The campaign, photographed by Julia Hetta, spotlights the house's new Dior Vibe sneakers against the backdrop of the Temple of Zeus.
DIOR_20210621_24_3016_05_QC_LOGO.jpg
GODDESS KICKS: Seventy years after Christian Dior’s haute couture collection was photographed in front of the Acropolis, the brand has shot its cruise campaign in front of another ancient Greek temple — only this time, some of the models are wearing sneakers.

Maria Grazia Chiuri, artistic director of women’s wear at Dior, tapped Julia Hetta to photograph the ads at the Temple of Zeus on the ancient Greek archaeological site of Nemea.

Models Selena Forrest, Maryel Uchida and Chai Maximus appear in sepia-colored images with blurry details wearing the 2022 cruise collection unveiled at the Panathenaic Stadium in Athens in June, which paired goddess gowns with the brand’s futuristic new Dior Vibe sneakers and gym bags.

7c2a7a4973911e2befc14a3b875be17b.jpg

The campaign was art directed by Fabien Baron, and styled by Elin Svahn. Peter Philips did the makeup, and Guido Palau the hair.

Since taking over as artistic director of women’s collections at Dior in 2016, Maria Grazia Chiuri has made it a rule to work with female photographers. The resulting images were sampled in “Her Dior: Maria Grazia Chiuri’s New Voice,” a book published by Rizzoli New York earlier this year.
wwd.com/

It's not giving what it's supposed to. Inez & Vinoodh executed the concept better with Rianne for WSJ. Magazine, this one feels rather lifeless.

This would look better with different clothing, like those bulkier, greek-inspired evening gowns from the archives.

In this hauntingly beautiful campaign video directed by Fabien Baron, models embody the modern, sportswear spirit of the Dior 2022 Cruise collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri. Inspired by the House's iconic shoot held 70 years ago at the Acropolis, and set to a rousing soundtrack by Ioanna Gika, this contemporary odyssey pays ode to the eternal beauty of Greece.

Dior

This looks like the generic version of those fabulous Valentino campaigns.

blurred images for an advertising campaign of clothes!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I like the shapes and the components buy the images feel flat. Maybe too much sepia.

Yeah, I also would've liked this in color. It feels a bit 'foggy' in a way that detracts from the clothing.

Off topic: Since when did Dior change their logo?

I feel like since 2017? A few years now, I think.

Not the most striking Christian Dior campaign I've came across during MGC's tenure but I have a major soft spot for all things Ancient Greece, so this feels like a win of a campaign. I'm rather fond of the sepia photography from Julia Hetta, the sense of movement and how cinematic it feels.

I feel like since 2017? A few years now, I think.

Yes, I believe the logo has been like this ever since MGC took over. I'm pretty sure it was already in use for her very first collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->