Christian Dior Cruise 2023 Seville

You can say a lot about Mary but she has a great eye for fabrics. She should stick to doing "matronly" collections. It's much better than the juvenile y2k mess most designers churn out these days.

I kills her own effort by herself…
When you have such a strong performance, having models coming and walking around like in any regular show totally turns the collection into the supporting act of the main event.

I didn’t bother watching it. It’s just too long and her work doesn’t deserve that much time …

But I’ll give her that: Dior is less tacky than Chanel nowadays, no matter how commercial both are.

Galliano would have had a blast doing a show in Spain!

The models were rude, why couldn’t they just sit down and enjoy the flamingo peacefully like the rest.

It's literally identical to her Cruise 2019 Chantilly collection, but with the addition of that deep red colour. Literally everything is the same: the silhouettes, the equestrian inspiration, the textures, the belts, the hats, the boots, the styling, etc, etc. Even the performers were wearing pieces from that collection. It's confusing.

What's more, the ambition of the production was not reflected in the clothes. You have this extraordinary dance sequence and musical performance, and then you have the Cruise 2019 Chantilly collection but in red? I honestly thought she would take a few more risks with the collection given how rich Andalusian culture is...

She always lays it on so thick with her themes, but that's probably what helps make them so commercially successful---something immediate and easy for customers to sink their teeth into.

This is an extremely beautiful but boring collection. Not the worst sin to be committed when you consider the couture-tured experiments and drag queen costumes of her predecessors. Or her last collection for FW 22!

Some of you seethe such hatred and vitriol for MGC, as if she were sending dead babies down the runway. :rolleyes:

This collection does not deserve your outrage but it does deserve a few yawns.

Great production doesn't mean anything if the clothes are not the focus.

This is a great collection. Some looks are really strong. But it gets drowned in 110 looks. I hate when designers sent out more than 100 looks. She has the same problem with Alessandro at Gucci, they don't know how to edit, so they just sent out every single idea that they have.

Cut this collection in half, edit out all those same looks but in different colors, and with better styling. It's can be even better.

This just proved that it's difficult to balance between big production and still make your clothes capture the attention of the audience. Karl is a master of that, no matter how big the production is, his clothes had never been outshined by the set.

Considering this is her last year, I wish she would take more risks.

what's the commercial idea behind doing so many looks on the runway?
is it just so they can sell almost the entire collection as 'seen on the runway'?

Seriously?! Is there a source for this?

She has a 3 years contract and it was renewed in 2019. But I'm not sure, maybe LVMH will renew it again based on her commercial success. They did renew Nicolas's contract after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->