Christian Dior "Eau Sauvage" Fragrance

tarsha

Reaction score
975bf4fab5e0.jpg

journaux

dont like the fonts and positioning of the pic seems amateur

idk... it looks much better irl,
i remember liking it, and thinking that the quality of the picture is really really good, even though it was obviously shot like 100 years ago :lol:

Why this Alain Delon? That Alain Delon is long gone. And you can still see the photoshopping since in the original pic, there is a cigarette between his fingers.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually i hate Delon but i think this is such a terrific campaign. this perfume is really "old" now, and it appears and became famous at the same time that Delon did. We got a new males trend and delon was the best representation of that trend...it's a bit the same with miss dior cherie TV commercial, with the song of brigitte bardot, which was the glamorous french actress of the period. she and delon became stars during the same period btw !
this is a retro add who tries to pay tribute to a "gold time" (what we call "l'age d'or" ) and i think they did it great !

Eau Sauvage is too strong for me, I feel it's for a more mature man, than myself.
But the ad feels classic, which I guess connects with the fragrance.

It was shot by Jean-Marie Perier back in 1960s :flower:

SCANNED BY THEFRENCHY

I absolutely love this campaign. I guess many other guys did too since the fragrance's sales increased, making it one of the top-selling fragrances these days.

They even made a tv commercial for it, using a scene from "La Piscine" :

The second print seems better than the first.
I also found that it's something like amateur, that huge image of the perfume is terrible. Even if it was supposed to have some inspiration in old print ads from that time, I don't remember of ads and style where they used such a big image of the product. This big image of the product is bothering me in this layout.

I honestly don't blame Dior for still milking Alain for these ads, he IS the most perfect men to ever come across this planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->