Christian Dior F/W 2004.05 Paris

:blink: :sick:
2004-03-03T171523Z_01_PAR41D_RTRIDSP_2_FASHION.jpg
too hard to believe my eyes, run ale babe run :flower:

i honestly think Galliano NEEDS a vacation... this is the worst i ever seen :yuk:

I completely agree... what is he trying to do with Dior, I mean, I can't remember already the old Dior, this thing sucks big time. :doh:

Ok, I haven't seen the whole collection yet so I can't completely judge, but I'm sad! I was hoping for him to go with the Egyptian theme from the couture show, ya know, kinda diffuse it and meld it with something new. I was so psyched to see what he had in store, now I'm gonna have to go cry! I like the colors cause winter is usually kinda bland but if the rest of the collection doesn't pick me up, I may have to become a fashion recluse! :cry:

What a load of tripe. He is a disgrace to that house. Someone should hurry and relieve him of his duties because I personally have had my fill.

Can someone explain to me just why they would pay someone an obscene amount of money to churn out such distasteful, utterly fugly trash? :wacko:

But that doesn't matter, since none of those show pieces will sell anyway. The house of Dior can always rely on the ubiquitous "J'adore Dior" mini-T for profits.

Ah, you just gotta LOVE LVMH. :innocent:

This collection is a waste of fabric. Its sinfully self-indulgent of Galliano to put this forth. This is in direct contradiction to what I think of Dior.

It should be revolutionary -- not revolting.

I think I'm gonna have a mid-season crisis......
I don't care very much for any NY or London designers
Tom Ford is leaving Gucci
Versace is a rollercoaster of good and bad
Dior was a let down
John's own line may be as well
McQueen may be good but, after last season, he can't really top himself
Tom's leaving YSL too.......
WHAT IS HAPPENING THIS SEASON!!!!!!
:( :( :( :( :( :(

OMG those shoes GAH! :shock:
Galliano is so non-cool nowdays amoungst the fashion crowd

however he's still top top amoungst the 'J'adore Dior' tee wearing ladies

well...i'm not disappointed at all...his show gave me everything i've come to expect from galliano... :sick: :sick: :sick: ...

hey faust...don't those russian mafia chicks dig this sort of trash?! :lol:
i'm not suggesting that you would have any personal knowledge of this, but didn't a lot of those women start buying up a lot of the glitzy sort of trashy stuff that galliano has been dishing up for the past few years...hmmm, maybe that's why you left?? :lol

i kid, i kid.... :P :flower:

i loved creepers in the late 70's/early 80's on ska bands...
one step beyond.... :innocent:

I really don't know what John Galliano's point is with his Dior runway collection, since NONE of the stuff is remotely wearable and most of the people who do wear Dior, including celebs, opt for stuff that is off the runway. Dior has turned out gorgeous and exquisitely cut gowns one after another, and why can't they show that on the runway is beyond me. Galliano has already made his point, and people, even models, are tired of his showiness.

Softgrey -- I remember...and we were hanging on to creepers in the burbs until the mid & late eighties...It was fun back then, but its not time to bring them back already...it's just not time for them yet.

Gallianos a self-indulgent losa...
why doesnt he just concentrate on theatre...or have a playwright make up some kind of surreal plot to at least give these fashion shows some context...some grip.

of course i like creepers when they come from Dr Martin's or from CDG or Junya
(i think i was wearing those early mid '80s, me and bf were in a fierce rockabily mood )

we dont have to go to Dior to 'discover' creepers fgs :rolleyes:

I just can't believe after his last few collections which I thought were great, he went with this. Last season was so much better for Dior. I loved S/S 04, but this.....this is why so many fashionistas take chasers (valium, xanax, etc.) with their martinis. I love John Galliano, but this just hurt. Does anyone know where to get a really great black veil?

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 4:11 pm
well...i'm not disappointed at all...his show gave me everything i've come to expect from galliano... :sick: :sick: :sick: ...

hey faust...don't those russian mafia chicks dig this sort of trash?! :lol:
i'm not suggesting that you would have any personal knowledge of this, but didn't a lot of those women start buying up a lot of the glitzy sort of trashy stuff that galliano has been dishing up for the past few years...hmmm, maybe that's why you left?? :lol

i kid, i kid.... :P :flower:

i loved creepers in the late 70's/early 80's on ska bands...
one step beyond.... :innocent:
lol, yea, you're right. They still do. And you don't have to go to Moscow, just visit Brighton Beach, brrrr.

You know what it is - taste like many other things in life is a saturation process/learning curve. Imagine a starving person on a deserted island gets picked up by a luxury ship. He is served an amazing dinner with numerous choices; so he first starts tearing away at everything in sight, until he gets saturated, then after he's full he starts looking for finer pieces. Some days later he finally realizes that there will ALWAYS be food on the table, so he stops filling himself with garbage and starts eating well balanced nutritional meals :P

Didn't mean to take this off-topic, sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->