Christian Dior F/W 08.09 Paris

oh john.... everything i disliked in couture is appearing here, again!
why?:(

Dior fall 2008 reminds me Dolly Parton in her wost times but I should say Galiano is a master 4 me

well...i've seen a few single pieces that i like, but overall, it's waaaaaay too psychadelic Barbie for me.

i really do not like what i am seeing now. The hair is absolutly horrible as for the make up?
the chlothes are "okay" ish.
Hope they look good in the campaign
This collection is so NOT dior

oh god, i keep hoping it will get better, and it just gets worse
I'm afraid I agree:cry:. I feel like I'm committing some awful crime by not loving Dior. This is just really tacky.

It's so odd to me that as soon as Toledano makes Galliano be more "exclusive," "mature" and "high end" for Dior, it becomes super cheap and tacky looking for both RTW AND Couture (which is blasphemous). Back two or three years ago, during the "old" Dior period, everything looked EXPENSIVE and very detail oriented, even if it was kooky, crazy and sometimes trashy (the good kind of trashy)...it always looked expensive and luxurious. This show is none of those things.:cry:

Galliano NEEDS to get over this 1940's-1960's look for Dior, it is destroying all that is holy!!!! Even the mirrored runway can't save this.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's as bad as everyones saying.I hate the trashy hair and make-up, they really give a trashy effect to the show, however most of the clothes are well made.

Dior fall 2008 reminds me Dolly Parton in her wost times but I should say Galiano is a master 4 me

Dolly Parton is better than this collection lol.
Anyway it's the big hair that ruined it. Thank God I didn't show this to my friend. I'd rather be caught with g*atse on my screen than with pictures of this collection.

I had so much hopes that this collection was going to be amazingly fantastic (especially after seeing Versace look so good and return to form)......but I'm so let down. At least they listened a little and returned the mirrored runway so I guess I could smile about that... -_-

I had so much hopes that this collection was going to be amazingly fantastic (especially after seeing Versace look so good and return to form)......but I'm so let down. At least they listened a little and returned the mirrored runway so I guess I could smile about that... -_-
The mirrored runway is the only redeeming quality of this show.:cry:

I would love to see the entire pre-fall show, those three pictures we got to see looked much more refined than most of this, I guess after watching the video one can have a better picture of the entire collection.

The mirrored runway is the only redeeming quality of this show.:cry:

i agree
the runway is the only good thing and the background looks intresting.

I hope that this collection grows on me; i am never so sure on any dior collection but in time i grow to love them
i did not like spring/summer 2007 but not it is one of my favs.
let autumn/winter 08 09 be the same.
(finger crossed)

I would love to see the entire pre-fall show, those three pictures we got to see looked much more refined than most of this, I guess after watching the video one can have a better picture of the entire collection.

YES! i agree

i wonder where the pre-fall pictures are?

I love it! Great silhouette, outspoken collection. Not ambiguous but still light and fun. I think its a great step to push dior forward.

First of, John needs to stop using every single color of the rainbow in every collection. SS 07, now that was great colorwise....Second, the stiff fabrics are boring me...they were perfect for SS 07 couture (not the same, I know, but still stiff) but now it's getting lame and predictable.

That said, I don't know, but I love the hair and make-up...finally some show back into the Dior show. And to add to all this, I understand that I am not supposed to be happy with this and am not supposed to think this is fantastic, but I am afraid that after all these years of loyal fanhood, I have completely lost my sense of objectivity (or is that subjectivity, errr?) towards John and I can't but like what he does....and I hate myself for having reached that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->