Christian Dior F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 27, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

5. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

6. Norden

Norden Active Member

I went into this with an open mind, putting aside my dislike for her vision and design sensibilities.
    Honestly there is no redeeming qualities to this terrible collection.
    I really really hate the belted looks. That patchwork looks like an experiment that should have never left any moodboard or worksurface.
    The absolute worst thing of this collection, and frankly any collection she puts out is that I can see her moodboards. It’s just so direct and juvinile.

I dont care if these collections sell, it sucks as design, and a house like this deserves better. By all means she’s not a bad designer, but this brand is above her level.

7. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Her worst to date! I honestly thought she couldn’t do any worse than the S/S 2018 collection!

8. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

oh mah gah

There really is nothing redeemable about this collection. I'm almost impressed at how bad it is.

9. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

Commercial and pedestrian as hell, not a place I want to be.
    Zara is going to love this. :p

10. Koibito

Koibito Member

Wow. Speechless.

11. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Just like Norden, I was waiting the livestream without something on my mind. I don't know why but I really want to like her job because she seems very nice person to me. And I'm gonna be honest, her latest couture was very nice although it was a snooze fest.
    And I'm starting to "appreciate" her work because on my country the feminism is rising fast. Women are making justice. Call me child or naive but even when she did it IN THE MOST STUPID WAY (putting a plain tshirt over a skinny white model and selling it for $800), the woman had the courage to say something that is happening right now.
    But dear lord, the collection is bad. Just forgettable. Watching the show I was thinking: How I allowed myself to trust in her taste/talent?. She doesn't have a profound idea about what she want to say. It's very obvious, very in your face. And she really needs to delete that silly idea to make all the models look alike. DON'T PUT A BERET AND SUNGLASSES TO ALL THE MODELS. I mean, she's talking about diveristy and individualism and revolution but all the girls looks like clones. Where is the democracy she is supposedly proposing?.
    She has zero repertoire for this brand. We can not expect anymore from her at this point.
    At the end of the show, I realized why I love Rei Kawakubo so much.

I can hear the owners of Zara and H&M laughing of happinnes. Maria Grazia is making fabulous collections for them.

#11 helmutnotdead, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Mariano: Feb 27, 2018
  12. biagiolr

biagiolr Member

I don't dislike this, nice try, but this is not what a customer expect from Dior at all. Patchworks look cheap but there are beautiful dresses here and also other pieces are interesting. Honestly I didn't like the set of the show, it was so confusing and full of colors.
    Mariagrazia should do more than this, I know she can, Dior is a big maison and a great opportunity to her. Hope she will stop delivering quite easily forgettable RTW shows.

#12 biagiolr, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Lolitagirl21: Feb 27, 2018
  13. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Boy she's gonna milk this contrived ~FEMINISM!!1~ shanenigan till it's dry huh? No respect for her for using something so serious as intelectual backup for her boring expensive clothes.

#13 Marc10, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited by moderator PureAmber: Feb 27, 2018
  14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Crikey, yet another new low for her. We already have, and are quite content, with one Coach. Another isn't needed. Shocked to see such monstrosity paraded down a runway. Christian Dior must be turning in his grave.

15. chanelh

chanelh Active Member

hey, remember the time when there was brand called D&G?
    at least she use more colors than her SS couture collection and leave those valentino A-line behind

16. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Member

I loved the collection, but I think the only thing that holds it back is the styling. And to think this is Karl Templer.

One thing I get when I look at her clothes, or Phoebe's, or Stella's - is that as women and they design for women but they don't really push the boundaries like their male counterparts because I think men don't think about practicalities of wearing an outfit they design for women, just like women who design menswear who push the boundaries for us that we might perhaps be scared to do so.

17. IloveDiorHomme

IloveDiorHomme Well-Known Member

Maria-Grazia is like the TITANIC.
    She just can't help on sinking into the ocean of ugliness that is her tenure at Christian Dior.

Tragic.

18. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Dior is a mess. Where's the glamorous gowns? Although that died in 2011 but Raf did manage to make some at least.

19. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

Its seem Guccification is every where, its incredibly commercial to the point I am sure the Zara copies of this will be more sleek. That being said it has a lot of wearable nice pieces I ain't gonna lie, but for a house like Dior, it is quite substandard. I get her ode to early 70s Women's Lib and Gloria Steinem (esp with the shades) but overall it comes across as a poor man's Anna Sui.

#19 disco54, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited by moderator : Feb 27, 2018
  20. perhydrol

perhydrol Active Member

At least Raf had some ideas. The execution might have been really bad, but there was some concept going on. This woman is just throwing some ugly stuff in our faces and the press is so happy with that, for example even that awful patchwork got some praise. At this point we can only hope that she'll be fired soon, but it won't happen because somehow this makes a profit. That's just beyond me.