Christian Dior F/W 2020.21 Paris

BORING !!!!! Even Lucie and Serge did a better job than her, there's too many repeated looks, it's like showing the world how many way you can play with one fabric. The set is more exciting than the clothes.

BUT I'm sure the bags and the belt are a hit and making big money. If not, why they want to keep her here.
The craftsmanship of the clothes is there, but it's Dior.

ANYWAY, I am not those wealthy people who would buy clothes from DIOR, so I won't understand. Maybe they find this collection amazing, very wearable with good quality and think Maria is a good designer. Can Alber take over Dior ?

How does this pass?? Seriously? Are people that blind not to see through this blatant use of the MeToo movement to sell accessories?

View attachment 1144203
harpersbazaar.com

Shenanigans like this are deeply insulting to the actual movement, dissolving the message in order to sell bags. It's truly toxifying to the core. I truly hope Karma with restore order at some point cos this is nauseating.

Can only echo everyone's sentiments as to how majorly underwhelming this all is. MCG's Dior does indeed feel like it's on repeat, many of the looks are more of the same old silhouette except with different fabrics. It was tiresome three seasons ago, but now it's just... uneventful.

At the very least, those bandanas made me go relive Christian Dior's Fall 2006 collection by John Galliano!

Mary (thanks JeanClaude, lol!) has managed the impossible feat of putting out a mainline collection which looks worse than her pre-fall lines. This is just so rushed and devoid of any sort of identity or point of view that consumers will have to see through her facade.

Will be fun to see which of the critics (sellout hacks!) will try and make this look good. Of course the majority of talking angles will likely centre around her 'tireless feminist activism', and from there onwards, if you're a good writer the sky is really the limit. You can package this trite as anything, really.

Sad state of affairs for not only fashion, but also for women designers. Because Mary has surpassed Donatella, Miuccia and the others as the industry's ultimate postergirl for women designers.

Robin Givhan’s review of the collection hits the nail on the head:

“The first look down her runway was a black double-breasted pantsuit. Traditional. Masculine. Emblematic of power. Nice suit, but it seems like a simplistic response to a question that has spawned countless dissertations. Is that what it means to fight the patriarchy? Dress like a gilded era gentleman? Chiuri turns to the densely packed writings of feminists, art critics and activists. Instead of countering their work with her own fashion daring, she offers an apology. She surrenders to the lie that fashion is without power and authority.”

Dior womenswear is a lost cause. Plain and simple, which is exactly how one would describe MGC’s aesthetic.

Boring and nothing to see per usual. It's all been said already.

When I was in Vegas recently, Dior was the boutique (also LV) that was absolutely PACKED with customers that were buying and engaging with merchandise.

Anyone that dares to compare this collection to anything remotely political or intellectual should find another profession immediately. It's completely hypocritical and may I even say exploitative? If she presented a collection without the included "context" It would only be offensive creative wise. With that being said, she has taken it to a new level. I don't like how she's using the current state of events to sell bags and t-shirts. It's dishonest and condescending. How ignorant can a person be? I wish someone major would be brave enough to call her out. It's sickening how much power LVMH holds over the free press. What a terrible time for fashion and fashion journalism. Ugh!

Kitchen sink at Versace and creativity of a goat at Dior. Must sleep through this ******** fashion epoch somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"