Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2004.05 Paris

Are the pretend exposed breasts some kind of Venetian reference...or did Queen Lizzy go around with her goods on display?

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jul 6th, 2004 - 5:15 pm
Are the pretend exposed breasts some kind of Venetian reference...or did Queen Lizzy go around with her goods on display?
im laughing so hard my stomach hurts

Originally posted by helena@Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:13 pm
Lena - its the emprerors new clothes syndrome - i am sure!

Mr Dale - i wasn't saying that the critics lie about their views at all. I was just asking what their views are...
Aha....

I'm not trying to diss anyone just to make that sure :flower:

Originally posted by Mr-Dale+Jul 6th, 2004 - 1:18 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr-Dale @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 1:18 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-helena@Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:13 pm
Lena - its the emprerors new clothes syndrome - i am sure!

Mr Dale - i wasn't saying that the critics lie about their views at all. I was just asking what their views are...
Aha....

I'm not trying to diss anyone just to make that sure :flower: [/b][/quote]
yes but my point was the people may feel like they can't necessarily speak up regarding their dislike of john G's clothes because of the general perception that they are amazing. I know I have felt like that certainly (maybe its just me though) - thats what I meant when I referred to the emperors new clothes. thats what Hans Christian Anderson's story was about I think. Not wanting to have a dissenting view for fear of being ridiculed by the majority. no?

Then I asked what the fashion critics say about JG's work - I did not say that they lie about their opinions however!

capt.par11107061658.france_fashion_par111.jpg

nothing new, but at least its really beautiful..

now mrDale, dont get us wrong, i may not like Galliano's work but
i'll always respect you -and other's - for enjoying his work :wink: :flower:
there will always be admirers of Galliano's work, why not?

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 6th, 2004 - 1:31 pm
capt.par11107061658.france_fashion_par111.jpg

nothing new, but at least its really beautiful..

now mrDale, dont get us wrong, i may not like Galliano's work but
i'll always respect you -and other's - for enjoying his work :wink: :flower:
there will always be admirers of Galliano's work, why not?
I do like this one - see whta he can do if he calms down a bit.

Mr Dale - still friends? :flower:

Originally posted by helena@Jul 6th, 2004 - 6:30 pm
people may feel like they can't necessarily speak up regarding their dislike of john G's clothes because of the general perception that they are amazing. I know I have felt like that certainly (maybe its just me though) - thats what I meant when I referred to the emperors new clothes. thats what Hans Christian Anderson's story was about I think. Not wanting to have a dissenting view for fear of being ridiculed by the majority. no?

i know exactly what you mean, yes there are some designers that everyone seems to be dying for which do nothing for me, its hard to put down criticism for the big guys , but ..this is tFS and at least we are free to express our views,
in full respect. :P

i'd be the first to congratulate Galliano if he decided to get back to his esthetic senses. B)

capt.par11607061712.france_fashion_par116.jpg

capt.par11407061713.france_fashion_par114.jpg

capt.par11507061728.france_fashion_par115.jpg

I like it, but some of the silhoutte's are reminiscent of his Spring 2004 Couture collection :innocent:

sorta reminiscent of vivienne westwood for the obvious theme.

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Jul 6th, 2004 - 6:42 pm
obviously, he was taken by the VW London exhibit..
the whole collection seems boob/hips orientated
i almost liked the first dress ebowleg posted.

Lucky Alek, she avoided the hiddeous makeup :lol:

Originally posted by Lena+Jul 6th, 2004 - 12:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 12:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mutterlein@Jul 6th, 2004 - 6:42 pm
obviously, he was taken by the VW London exhibit..
the whole collection seems boob/hips orientated
i almost liked the first dress ebowleg posted.

Lucky Alek, she avoided the hiddeous makeup :lol: [/b][/quote]
He worked for VW didn't he?

You can tell the collection is going to be rubbish because Galliano's outfit 's no good...Galliano's own outfit is like a collection barometer...

Oh my god, Im sorry, but I love this :lol: I dunno, but those huge roses on the stage are just amazing...and some of the dresses are just...I dunno.. haha, I dunno what to say, but I like this :ninja:

agreed about the roses, Ale
they look COOL.......shame about the clothes

i can die now.

this collection was highly vivienne westwood inspired, it is obvious...but honestly, i am in awe. i also see a little inspiration from what gianfranco ferre did for dior in the past.

john has finally gotten back to what dior haute couture is all about... just look at the clothes and you can see!

john's inspiration (westwood fall 1995:(

VW_FW1995_06.jpg

VW_FW1995_11.jpg

VW_FW1995_23.jpg

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jul 6th, 2004 - 6:54 pm
He worked for VW didn't he?

You can tell the collection is going to be rubbish because Galliano's outfit 's no good...Galliano's own outfit is like a collection barometer...
:woot: never thought about this that way, you may be right your highness :P

i dont think he ever worked for anyone, not after his graduation anyway,
he started selling straight away at Browns.
i bet on him being struck by the recent exhibition, i can see his jaw droping :evil: :ninja:

:o great pictures brian, love the first two dresses :heart:

Originally posted by Lena+Jul 6th, 2004 - 11:52 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 11:52 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mutterlein@Jul 6th, 2004 - 5:50 pm
amazing!

As much as people hate galliano that man knows how to make a dress!
could you really, honestly, ever wear this Galliano dress posted here?

please be honest, it's a complete and most unwearable mess :ninja: [/b][/quote]
I thought I was the only one!

I respect creativity, HOWEVER, I like creativity that is somewhat...wearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->