Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2004.05 Paris

you may be correct Lena!
he was actually spotted at the exhibition soon after it opened :wink:

Originally posted by Acid@Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:09 pm
you may be correct Lena!
he was actually spotted at the exhibition soon after it opened :wink:
.. and presto :wink:

we should expect to see more of the VW influence down the catwalk hmm this exhibition will bring much 'inspiration' to those lacking :innocent:

Those are some beautiful pieces! :woot: Can't wait to see the show :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena+Jul 6th, 2004 - 10:52 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 10:52 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mutterlein@Jul 6th, 2004 - 5:50 pm
amazing!

As much as people hate galliano that man knows how to make a dress!
could you really, honestly, ever wear this Galliano dress posted here?

please be honest, it's a complete and most unwearable mess :ninja: [/b][/quote]
true, but it will translate into something gorgeous and wearable.....as always :heart: :flower: :flower:

say something Softgrey :lol: i see you've been reading this topic for a while now :muscles:

r1557034762.jpg

:heart:

Originally posted by brian@Jul 6th, 2004 - 1:04 pm
i can die now.

this collection was highly vivienne westwood inspired, it is obvious...but honestly, i am in awe. i also see a little inspiration from what gianfranco ferre did for dior in the past.

john has finally gotten back to what dior haute couture is all about... just look at the clothes and you can see!

john's inspiration (westwood fall 1995:(

VW_FW1995_06.jpg

VW_FW1995_11.jpg

VW_FW1995_23.jpg
THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS BRIAN...I WAS TRYING TO FIND THEM MYSELF... :heart:

imo...westwood is MUCH better...and HELLO!!!...it was original 10 yrs ago...probably a little too early/...but that's what makes a leader...they are ahead of the pack!!!...

that's why i always say vivienne is the queen...so many things can be traced back to her...including dries' fall menswear and galliano's as well...and then there's marc jacobs...they are all following in her footsteps... even prada...with the whole "eccentric" thing...

respect where repect is due...all hail queen vivienne... :wink: :king: :winkiss:

:lol:

Originally posted by Acid@Jul 6th, 2004 - 1:23 pm
say something Softgrey :lol: i see you've been reading this topic for a while now :muscles:
hahaha...i was trying to find the pics that brian posted.... :P

Originally posted by brian+Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:21 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:21 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Lena@Jul 6th, 2004 - 10:52 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Mutterlein
@Jul 6th, 2004 - 5:50 pm
amazing!

As much as people hate galliano that man knows how to make a dress!

could you really, honestly, ever wear this Galliano dress posted here?

please be honest, it's a complete and most unwearable mess :ninja:
true, but it will translate into something gorgeous and wearable.....as always :heart: :flower: :flower: [/b][/quote]
when? when will it translate ?

unlike pret-a-porter, i think Haute Couture is what goes out to the catwalk,
no watered down versions for couture collections, its beyond the point..
this is Galliano's finished product, THIS is his vision and for me- with all respect-
even if i had a certain lifestyle, it remains ... unwearable until it really grows to something else.

my problem with galliano is that he completly lacks modernity, that must be IT.

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 6th, 2004 - 12:27 pm
when? when will it translate ?

unlike pret-a-porter, i think Haute Couture is what goes out to the catwalk,
no watered down versions for couture collections, its beyond the point..
this is Galliano's finished product, THIS is his vision and for me- with all respect-
even if i had a certain lifestyle, it remains ... unwearable until it really grows to something else.
um, it will translate when the dior couture clients order pieces...........
as it always has been.

:rolleyes:

also, the haute couture shows are always a precursor to what's going to be shown/happen for the pret-a-porter......so we'll more than likely see some pieces that take influence from these silhouettes as well.

Originally posted by helena@Jul 6th, 2004 - 11:57 am
Lena - its the emprerors new clothes syndrome - i am sure! Do any of the important fashion critics ever criticise his work?suzy menkes - whats her take on galliano these days?
they're like retards...they suck up and suck up...they were GUSHING over the fall collection that we all pretty much agreed was atrocious...

can you say...ADVERTISER?!?!?!.....

that's part of the reason i prefer to stay freelance...when you are on staff...you are pretty much a puppet...when you work for yourself...you are allowed to have a point of view...hahaha.... :wink: :woot:

Originally posted by brian@Jul 6th, 2004 - 6:30 pm
um, it will translate when the dior couture clients order pieces...........
as it always has been.

:rolleyes:
but surely if you were trying to attract couture clients.......you would show them what you want to sell them, rather than rather bizarre versions

this would scare away possible clients rather than attract them :blink:

if i had the kind of money it takes to buy a dress like this...i'd call vivienne westwood and ask her to make me one of her pieces from 1995...why would i want a KNOCK-OFF BY JOHN GALLIANO....n???...especially at full price... :rolleyes: :lol: :doh:

Originally posted by brian@Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:30 pm
the haute couture shows are always a precursor to what's going to be shown/happen for the pret-a-porter......
i didnt see the Cleopatra look going too far or into the pap for that reason :innocent:

i agree with acid, couture clients need to see the clothes they want to make to order, they cannot guess, imagine or transform them, or else they will be doing our Johnny's job see? :P

r1762565558.jpg

This is very Dior....the real Dior I mean....I'm in love!

yes offcourse still friends helena and Lena!!! :flower: :flower: :flower:
I now understand what you ment...

Originally posted by Lena+Jul 6th, 2004 - 12:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 12:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mutterlein@Jul 6th, 2004 - 6:42 pm
sorta reminiscent of vivienne westwood for the obvious theme.
obviously, he was taken by the VW London exhibit..
the whole collection seems boob/hips orientated
i almost liked the first dress ebowleg posted.

Lucky Alek, she avoided the hiddeous makeup :lol: [/b][/quote]
Yes, obviously

But yeah, I remember reading a blurb about that on here. It all comes together now.

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:41 pm
r1762565558.jpg

to me this beautiful, still it is very Vivienne, down to the crown and the pose..

and of course we are friends mrDale :heart:

edited to add: i can't type :lol:

Originally posted by Acid@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:34 pm

this would scare away possible clients rather than attract them :blink:
And still Christian Dior is THE house that has announced profitraises for HC of at least 25% during the last couple of years....

Gotcha there..... :innocent: :P

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jul 6th, 2004 - 1:41 pm
r1762565558.jpg

This dress is wonderful! I'm so happy John is going back close to what Dior use to be. The color of the dress is beautiful! :heart:

:important: I guess it all comes back to what exactly they are trying to sell

- If they are seriously trying to arrtact couture clients......then presenting this sort of clothing is not the right way to go about it

-If they are using this pantomime type clothing/show sheerly to make the RTW and bags more desirable then they are going about it the right way i suppose

-it just seems sad to me that they cant find a median between what can be shown to SELL to hardcore couture clients and this abstract fairytale.
after all.........how amazing was mr.dior at couture :wink: shouldnt that be followed through...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->