Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2018.19 Paris

"I can also be a designer for luxury brand, it's not that hard"
--my thought after seeing this collection

wow. She's just reached a new level of blandness when I thought that it was impossible.

Bravo!

Her collections are always so sad and uninspiring...I wonder how long she's gonna last.

Dior by MGC, better than a sleeping pill

Can you imagine being a Couture client and having to come to Paris to see that? If at least there was a spectacle or even an element of fun to make this interesting...

Just a line-up of the same old dresses, in the same fabrics and with the same techniques.

I guess the Ateliers must love her. They must be used to doing the same patronnage already. Even the suits are the same old.

Too bad Chanel is tomorrow...

Pffft.

That's all I'm gonna say, goes with the level of effort applied to this collection.

Her makes clothes for basic couture clients. When the better pieces come from the archive, there is none left to be inspired and innovative. Some of the simple look feel to basic. In comparison to Pierpaolo's first couture debut when simple was done precisely. Her choice of fabric is off and this feel so dated and cliché idea of HC.

I love how they try to push her "innovation" through Instagram stories and all the self-congratulating captions on Instagram but I can't. While I want to appreciate some of the casting choice, it always feel like they have manipulated the narrative of her story at the house rather than making the clothes speak (like what Clare is doing at Givenchy.) Her collections always need bells and whistles from marketing and PR because they cannot stand on its own. It is sad because this is the house of Christian Dior. I want to champion her because she is a rare woman designer in a male dominated field but yet, I can't because all she did was doing the most basic things and she wants praises for putting the word "feminist" on high fashion. What's the difference between that and riding someone's coat tail to the top? That's not a way to empower.

Very basic, this looks so lazily done.

Notice she snuck in one multi colored chevon striped piece that Valentino always used to do.

Half of the first looks are total snoozefest and super basic...the half of the final looks are serving the Ellie Saab realness

I only like the Teletubbies hat. Can Dior fire her already?

While the snoozefest critique still stands very much, I couldn't help but notice how flawlessly cut, constructed and finished most of it was. A lot of couture collections these days look rushed, so at least it's a positive that her Dior is always impeccably made - though I'm not sure we should be thanking her or the atelier for it; probably a mix of both. So.. yeah, that's as far as I can go with the compliments here.

Hard pass! MCG is so obvious with her Dior direction. HC for the more mature audience, RTW for the younger ones. That's great and all, but older women don't need dumbing down. A bit of creativity, personality wouldn't hurt. Even Anna Wintour would scoff at these dresses. It's taking matronly to a whole new level.

Still, I expected worse...

Its weird that her bland vision works better on HC shows. Still a pile of nothing, but at here I can understand that she is trying to give us "classic couture, easy to understand, what a woman really needs" its a pity that she have no talent to do it.

And its just me or the crowd is smaller this year? Dior HC shows used to be so full of people..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->