Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2019.20 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jul 1, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

4. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

Literally laughed out loud when I saw the Avenue Montaigne 30 outfit lol! And so fed up with quote t-shirts and same tulle dresses every season. For god's sake, step it up Maria.

Fashionstuff, SophiaVB, Tinna and 3 others like this.
  5. Koibito

Koibito Active Member

Wow she really did something this time. So i believe the rumor she’s leaving is right. So glad

6. perhydrol

perhydrol Active Member

She tried so hard to be dramatic but she has no skills to be dramatic so... there were some looks that looked quite good but THERE WAS NO EDITING, it was just too repetitive in every way possible. That last look was just as ridiculous as her whole tenure so I won't even comment on that because it would be a waste of time to talk about it.

HeatherAnne and jeanclaude like this.
  7. Koibito

Koibito Active Member

Just notice where she places the main door. I just cant.

8. Melancholybaby

Melancholybaby Well-Known Member

Haute couture funeral ensembles. She's probably mourning the termination of her contract already.

SophiaVB, Tinna, TommysBaby and 3 others like this.
  9. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

THE CARDBOARD BUILDING OUTFIT, I CANNOT

10. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

"Are clothes modern?"...Not yours, Maria-Grazia! Yours are dated, repetitive and boring as hell!!

To open a couture collection with a slogan t-shirt is very cheap and uncreative...but to close it with a cardboard reproduction of the Maison Dior is beyond any kind of comprehension to me!!
    I hope they gift the cardboard box/dress to the cat who peed her resort collection in Marrakech (he could use it!).

What´s next Maria-Grazia? A reproduction of the 1947 "Bar" suit with the "Supreme" logo over it maybe???

11. YeohRocks

YeohRocks Active Member

Well this was somber wasn't it? It's like she tried to do a Sarah Burton but didn't have the same lightness and technique.

sweetpop, mikel and Benn98 like this.
  12. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

She's a feminist pur sang.:blink:
    BTW did she find Sarah Burton's reject sketchbook in the Thalys?

mikel likes this.
  13. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

probably out, finally.

TommysBaby, jeanclaude and Lola701 like this.
  14. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

“Why Am I Here?”

Those should be the words written on whatever embarrassing dress or t-shirt she puts out next season.

15. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one seeing it. This looks so matron-y and sad.

16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

That's my first thought as well! It's like the British Harper's Bazaar woman, but on her way to a funeral. The disconnect between this and the SJW-drenched RTW is odd. I'm fine with all the one-shoulder looks because they seem polished, not keen on the rest.

17. chanelh

chanelh Active Member

the last dress, OMG.....I CAN'T, I JUST CAN'T.......
    Maria, it's a haute couture show, not house contour

18. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

For me, MGC doing couture is really a commercial formula. There’s no magic, no drama, no experimentation, no emotion...For me, it’s the worst thing ever.

For me, Couture is not about doing extravaganza. The best shows so far are Christophe Josse and Ralph Rucci.

Galliano’s work at Dior HC had a purpose. He had a fantasy and wanted to express his creativity. And he was also hands-on in doing the version the women would wear.

Raf Simons had no purpose. Modernity for the sake of modernity doesn’t mean anything if it’s not attached to a reality.

MGC is here to sell. But to sell what, to who and for what. Since 2017, we have seen the same dress in various versions and colors and with more of the same construction. It reminds me of the last few years of Galliano at Dior. It’s just there...

She tries to create a mood but it doesn’t work. Even her wow piece looks like a Joke that even Jeremy Scott wouldn’t try.

Her clothes never really looks fully achieved. The cut is not distinctive. It’s just sad.

frk-frost and jeanclaude like this.
  19. Norden

Norden Active Member

Where to begin! So far this is her worst show, the slogan in the beginning is a quote. How silly that she needs a quote to make a statement.

Her Dior is a marketeers dream, with generic content that evolves into countless Instagram
    Stories that any marketing team could hook into. That’s what this collection is, content. Spaghetti without sauce, dry over cooked potatoes, noodles without soup, plain rice. You get the point.

I hope this funeral collection is the last one. Even Rafs worst moment was better than this.

Ghastly.

reese06, vogue28, YeohRocks and 2 others like this.
  20. blackcherrified

blackcherrified Active Member

I gave up on (looking at) this collection after scrolling through the first 10 looks on Vogue Runway (the slogan and the black looks were :sick:)... and I decided to come in here to read the comments and that cardboard thing that you all were mentioning about piqued my curiosity to scroll through the entire thing...

Basically she’s not Yohji Yamamoto nor Rick Owens she should not attempt any monochromatic collection, she just doesn’t have the intellect to do so. Ok the gold dresses were decent but very prêt-à-porter, and I thought one of her looks was very similar to Valentino’s Tokyo collection.

As for the cardboard look... I think she gave up.

Let’s hope this is her final collection. (Even Bill Gaytten’s messed up couture was soooo much more tolerable, and now I am dying to read all the reviews from the press they will most likely be a good laugh ‘cuz advertising $$$)

#20 blackcherrified, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Benn98 and jeanclaude like this.