Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

LOVE it!

SENSATIONAL!

I absolutely adore all the Renaissance references. The details and workmanship are DIVINE.

There was a sensibility that was left behind at Valentino. I attributed most of it to Piccioli (who is undeniably the more interesting of the two) but part of it was her. That very Catholic, very conservative 60's/70's vintage couture vibe. She went in a different direction when she started at Dior but now, finally, we see its return.

I think it's absolutely gorgeous and this may very well be my favorite Dior collection from her so far.

That thumbnail alone is boring me to tears. It's so... white. I don't doubt that the craftsmanship is exquisite, I just wish her designs were more interesting. I'll wait for the pictures before passing my final judgement but I'm not excited to see it.

I'd assume she is most successful in the Arabic world and some Asian countries where fashions as chaste as these can translate from runway into the closets of wealthy women without much edit.

Sure, I would have this a thousand times over the vulgar trash you see a woman like Julia Fox wearing, but as an overall proposal and the seemingly feminist narrative MGC claims for herself, this kind of woman feels as tame and acceptable as the fashions Ulyana Sergeenko or Vika Gazinskaya made some 10 years ago.

There is by far more sensuality and liberation in the clothes imagined by The Row or Yohji Yamamoto than in most of the clothes MGC is designing...

It's beautiful alright, but the problem for me is that it's too familiar and not with the Dior name. This here is an epitome of a great Valentino collection. It's more Valentino than anything Pierpaolo presented since MGC left.

Once again thank you @vogue28 for the photos. Only god knows how painful it is to watch a MGC’s show.

There’s no scenery, romance, showmanship…Just a parade of dresses. A glorified trunkshow.

I liked 8 looks.

The collection feels very Valentino indeed, adding to that the fact that she closed her show with a red dress.

The only thing that could have been « Dior » about this collection, the tailoring, is actually the weakest part of this collection.

I was thinking about the fact that I can see a The Row customer go for Dior Couture. It has the same lounge feeling.

It's beautiful alright, but the problem for me is that it's too familiar and not with the Dior name. This here is an epitome of a great Valentino collection. It's more Valentino than anything Pierpaolo presented since MGC left.

I totally agree but it's no problem for me, it's what I've been waiting for since 2016! I love it!

Wait, isn't her contract up this year?

Do you think this was an audition for her old job at Valentino? Or perhaps a reminder to Toledano that she's got options in case he doesn't agree to her contract demands?

She’s done worse and at this point I’ll take this redux of her virginal Valentino aesthetic, even though it was never my thing. What boxy suits and Amish-looking ankle length woolen dresses have to do with Christian Dior is anyone’s guess…

Very prairie conservative as usual but one thing about her collections is they always look good on the red carpet.

Some looks remind me of girls abandoned in an orphanage, where they are mistreated badly...by the other models wearing looks which remind me of evil governesses.

Everything reeks of anorgasmy, modesty, submission and prudeness. I am beginning to wonder if Mary Grace has mistaken being a feminist, with being a misogynist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjmiddleton
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->