Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 06 Paris

Very creative as a form of art. Really expressive and innovative.
Some outfits can be improved if they are toned down a bit and with the 'loud' factor removed. Case in point Charlize's outfit.

I really appreciate what Galliano is doing here and I am even picking up ideas off some of the outfits but the collection is really not my cup of tea. That is merely a personal preference though. ^_^

Such a mind-blowing show. La Mariée is so amazing!

^^ indeed! and this actually turned into a quite wearable Rock&Roll rtw collection.
this was actually very few collections before "The Borehouse" started.

to think of what dior has become these days...

Everytime I watch this show I get goosebumps. Galliano's best Couture collection in my opinion.

It's captivating, it's seductive, it's haunting, it's crazy, it's scary, it's creepy...it's the best thing I've ever seen.

OMG! After reading some of the posts I think people are taking this WAY too seriously. I mean, I know this is tFS, but we are talking about DRESSES people. I think taking a breather wouldnt have hurt a couple of ppl before posting with such passion (I love the posts, though).

Another thing I love about this collection -besides de reaction- is how it has grown on me. When I first saw it I was like WTF? Who is gonna buy this? Im still wondering whether there were pieces from this collection which were sold. Does anyone has any info on it?

Then I just started watching the video over and over and realized how heavy the styling and music made it. Ill admit it, it made me unconfortable. So uncomfortable that it made me forget Galliano's working one of my fave colors (white) and in Couture as well as dealing with one of my fave subjects ever (l'autrichienne).

The use of colors and details especially the texture of the "blood stains" in the clothes are superb. And some of the white pieces are oh-so-delicate. This certainly was an extremely creative collection but coming back to the issue of why did he stopped doing extravaganzas like this, makes me wonder of how to-fault this collection may be.

Still, I love it!

A magnificent collection. It's absolutely bizarre to compare this to the work he's been producing at Dior for the last 4-5 years now, though. It's like night and day.

I can't believe 10 years passed. One of my most favorite collection ever.

I'm not sure where to post this, but if anyone is interested, here is an HC jacket that was for auction from this collection. It's interesting to see the result of a client's interpretation

H0356-L121799056.jpg H0356-L109428447.jpg

Erin's modified

cornettedesaintcyr.fr

Veronica Hearst in another one from this collection

gettyimages.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->