Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 06 Paris

Oh my lord. That's just embarrassing. But I do like the makeup.

hm, this is definitely somewhat different from last season's collection, but still ......very interesting, very inspirational!!! just the make-up is a bit scary....

OMG! All these boot-like lacings all over the place are insanely sexy :wub:

fouroclock said:
Yes! More French baroque/neoclassic references. The colour scheme reminds me of Viktor and Rolf, though.
The dress in #15 feels like a reference to the V&R "I love you" dress of last year. Wonder what it says there.

In general, I guess it's a pretty devilish affair :wink:

I've been dying to see this collection and it's utterly amazing. The underlying themes are incredible and they're portrayed in the pieces wonderfully.

Yahoo.co.uk

capt.xfm11801231731.france_fashion_galliano_xfm118.jpg

:lol:

56651157.jpg
clear.gif
clear.gif
Caption:
Paris, FRANCE: A model presents a creation by British designer John Galliano for Dior during the Spring/Summer 2006 Haute Couture collections, 23 January 2006 in Paris. AFP PHOTO FRANCOIS GUILLOT (Photo credit should read FRANCOIS GUILLOT/AFP/Getty Images)

fouroclock said:
The colour scheme reminds me of Viktor and Rolf, though.

reminds me a lot of the viktor and rolf esthetics..
but in general i dont enjoy this that far, not at all

He's insane. But this show is amazing. Marie-Antoinette meets Dita von Teese meets Hot Topic. I like the idea of a red, black, and white spring.

^ Agreed. Me too! Red, black & white sounds amazing!

I love the makeup :woot:

I really really ADORE the mood :woot: :heart: :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's more shocking than anything Galliano could pull is that I actually :heart: what I'm seeing so far...

nextnewface said:
^ Agreed. Me too! Red, black & white sounds amazing!

I love the makeup :woot:

I really really ADORE the mood :woot: :heart: :heart:

I love RED! Im annoying my Mum because in lots of horoscopes it says she should wear red...now i have some more evidence :lol:

I love this show, its growing on me...I wonder what the music will be like :heart:

Hmmm.....there are some aspects I like but the thing that really puts me off is the way that he has referenced the French Revolution and the gullotine etc. in such a gimmicky way - I don't think he has used those references in a clever way and that irks me.

I do like the colour scheme and the dramaticism and I of course commend his design vision - I just don't think he has executed the vision well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"