Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

Hopefully this will be interesting. I haven't really cared for the past few collections.

I expected to see the first few runway pictures, guess i should have checked the schedule first. Pretty sure we're not allowed to start threads without them, though ^_^

so supposedly, press notes say that Charles James is an inspiration, wich sadly means we won't be seeing anything groundbreaking or that innovative anytime soon :(

This extract from the Wikipedia description of Charles James doesn't make me feel excited at all for this collection. Neither does the done to death make-up I see :(

Year after year he reworked original designs, ignoring the sacrosanct schedule of seasons. The components of the precisely constructed designs were interchangeable so that James had a never-ending fund of ideas on which to draw.

From what i understand, there's a equestrian / riding theme with whips and all :/

uhm this is either going to be amazing or disastrous

edit: ^yes it is. no need to become agressive tho -_-

the people at grazia are mad that they get to see the show throught tavi's (inappropriate) hat
i50wa9.jpg

grazia_live's twitter

(omg those heels)

(i know it's not a clear photo, feel free to delete)

well THIS COULD BE a clear pic, if it wasnt for the hat...

r2t191.jpg

same.old. :(

grazia_live twitter

The hair and makeup looks superb as usual, can't wait to see the collection.

Tavi. :ninja:

Those shoes look insanely high, uncomfortable, and a little fetish.

At least it's something new.

It can't be worse than what he made in the last few seasons.

I really don't care for the make-up, but then again, I don't think I've cared for the make-up/styling at Dior for a long time.

The veiled headpiece looks good though.

The millinery looks interesting and that entire look reminds me of the vibe of his SSHC 1998 collection .

Last edited by a moderator:
Anway, the headpiece in #37 sort if reminds me of Chanel HC last (?) season, when Freja wore that bridal-flower-hat

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->