Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2020 Paris

^^Ah yes! Let’s keep her here so she can continue to be the hackiest designer ever to piss off the men! That’ll dispel all stereotypes of vindictive and spiteful women in power!

That’ll dispel all stereotypes of vindictive and spiteful women in power!
no one’s as angry about a dress or gender empowerment as some men are so I’m sure the stereotype will be strengthened by.. men being spiteful? ok!

no one’s as angry about a dress or gender empowerment as some men are so I’m sure the stereotype will be strengthened by.. men being spiteful? ok!
You call this collection gender empowerment? If a collection of some of the most matronly clothes I’ve ever seen gets a pass because she slaps a trite and trendy girl power slogan over the runway...

Maria Grazia is so clearly an affirmative action hire.

then it gets a bit Marchesa..

A bit? LOL. This entire collection is Marchesa, but with more polish. Not something you'd imagine one of the world's biggest fashion houses would aspire to.

This is possibly the most dumbed down, generic collection I've seen under her. It's so literal. And people get up in arms over Virginie?

^ honestly I never watched enough Marchesa to know what full-blown Marchesa looks like, but it does ring a bell to me.. I do watch the Oscars.

The problem with MGC is that her feminist posture doesn’t match her designs. you wants women to rule the world? You needs to design the clothes that will help them rule that world....
No, your answer is ballerina dresses and lazy pantsuits...

In a patriarchal and capitalist world, I don’t think women wants to look fragile and sweet while going to that world of sharks. I don’t personally identify with this kind of feminity. I can like sweet if it’s presented in a playful way but I can’t get on board with the fake woke posture...

I’m not a Couture client and I’m far from having the funds to buy Couture but it seems like the powerful women goes to Chanel for their business attire.

I don’t even need to go very far...Delphine Arnault, AKA the most powerful woman at LVMH doesn’t look like the type to wear ballerina dresses and gold pantsuits. And she is definitely influential.

MGC clearly lives in her bubble. I wonder if she truly believes all of that. Because you don’t even have to be cynical to laugh at that fake woke posture.

Ah, but Lola maybe this is supposed to be the Emily Ratjakowski brand of subversive feminism? You know, the type where clickbait-ish sexually suggestive poses (read: softcore p*rn) of your conventionally shaped and styled body are used by yourself like meat to get everyone's attention (it's all fine for you to do it because duh, agency), and once you've got the attention that you talk highbrow politics or hard-hitting issues. Somehow all the drooling men will miraculously stop drooling, listen up, and 'respect' this 'hot but awesomely clever' girl. In short, delusional and actually quite regressive for the cause. God help anyone dares to criticise them, all sorts of '-ist' daggers get thrown around.
In Maria's case, she has learned ever since that slogan tee that you don't actually need to follow through on what you voice from the rooftop which for me just furthers the point that her 'message' is disingenuous. So what if a head of state or woman in power won't be caught dead in anything gold-coloured, or a sheer dress which only disguises your nipples and knickers? All that matters is the actual superlative. And it's exasperating to see how so many, not on TFS, fall for it hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:
In a patriarchal and capitalist world, I don’t think women wants to look fragile and sweet while going to that world of sharks. I don’t personally identify with this kind of feminity. I can like sweet if it’s presented in a playful way but I can’t get on board with the fake woke posture...
you and I are of a different generation than the one she’s so desperately catering for.. we find inconsistencies in the way we present ourselves and the occasion.. the younger ones, fully wired to IG and watching vloggers and makeup tutorials 24/7 seem to genuinely not.. in fact if you dare question dressing like a stripper while advocating feminism, you’re then accused of being divisive and if you have a high profile, you’re cancelled. Strange times.

From what I see here, it looks like the kind of stuff I would *love* to wear when I’m in the 65-75 category.. but also the stuff I’d be proud to wear as my channel hits 2 million subscribers lol. See what I mean? I don’t think the middle of that (that 25-65 range) is even the target.

Greek Goddess? Exactly the same with Valentino couture fall 2014, 2015.

Maria should be Wonder Woman cause she never stop wonder about women and feminist.

I actually laughed looking at this.

i need to see one of their "inside the atelier" videos because this could be RTW

Even then i could not be romanced into liking this.

I saw that people on IG are loving this. Maria wins and we take the L, again.

She’s made the amazing couture house of Dior completely irrelevant to me. What a feat.

Even Elie Saab has better cut and more flattering fabric than this. But whatever, Dior is woke and the world loves it. I think Maria is just designing things she know and pretty much her designs language. Then marketing comes in. Examine the collection. Find some hooks. Voila, a marketing tagline for each collection. She the first female CD at Dior, let's continue the feminist movement. Marketing add some slogan tees to match the piles of tulle skirts. That's it. The house of Dior today. Nothing is about creativity. Just a money machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->