Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2021 Paris

She is still recycling her ideas in Valentino, well, with the addition of the bar jacket! The presentation is good.

I love the presentation so much, it's really compliment the clothes make it more even desirable. Always love the whimsical fantasy elements in her couture.

Can she just leave behind the tarot influence? I get that the whole deck has 78 cards but it's getting insufferable. At the same time it perfectly shows how literal she is with everything she's done so far.

The only thing I like about this collection is the hem length.

I think it photographs well, but can't help wondering if it's at odds with the modern, practical Dior woman she championed in earlier seasons? Who will wear these dresses? Not even first ladies though I'm sure Nancy Reagan would've. That's the age bracket who I think would like this. Definitely not for the youthful Dior woman.

who wants to dress like Anne Boleyn?

honestly, it’s like she opened a History book and we have the 6 wives of Henry VIII.
everything is so literal and unoriginal...

I’ll say this again, they should have never split Pierpaolo and MGC.

i love the heavier, upholstery-like fabrics and a couple dresses that are kitschy enough for me to find them interesting, but as a whole, as usual, it's just sad and lifeless without a hint of life or originality

As far as i understand one of the key things house of Dior stands for is novelity. Nothing groundbreaking with inspiration here, Versace had take on tarot in its AW12 haute couture collection 8,5 years ago already! Not to mention it was less literal, more subtle and in overal more memorable take than this.

Last edited:
Bored to death, I only sort of liked the grey dress with a hood (a bit more volume on the skirt wouldn't have killed anyone) but of course I've seen it a thousand times or more.

The upholstery fabrics and medieval setting made me think of Gigli but he was somewhat daring and this lookbook is a dead ringer for a CW "historical" series promotional shoot, it's that puerile.

At least there isn't any medieval castle costume built out of cereal boxes...

There are of course some looks that are beautiful but overall, it's just the same recycled stuff that Maria has been putting out for a few years now. She's definitely not pushing any boundaries here...ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->