Christian Dior 'J'adore' Fragrances : Charlize Theron

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by eternitygoddess, Aug 13, 2004.

1. eternitygoddess

eternitygoddess Active Member

[​IMG]

2. Toxxxic

Toxxxic New Member

Charlize is gorgeous but another model losing a job to an already rich actress :angry:

3. luvkoshi

luvkoshi New Member

It's appropriate that Nicole Kidman would represent a Dior product, since one of her most iconic fashion moments was in Galliano's satin fur-lined dress- it literally moved the red carpet parade in an entirely new direction.

Charlize Theron is a beautiful. luscious woman, but her style bores me. It's very safe.

What interests me is this... "pitting her against fellow Oscar winner Nicole Kidman who will launch a similar campaign for Chanel. "
    How are they now pitted against each other? How is this a competition? Such melodrama...
    :blink:

4. kitsch

kitsch New Member

Why must celebrities sign advertising deals with major fashion labels. :rolleyes:

5. faust

faust New Member

This really does not belong in the designers and collections forum. there is a star style or supporting cast forums.

6. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i'm sorry but there is nothing glamourous about charlize; beautiful, undoubtedly, but glamour...nah

7. prixi

prixi New Member

Thought so too. Undoubtedly she's gorgeous, but she doesn't really exude that star-quality glamour.

8. Jennika

Jennika New Member

agreed. her Acadamy Award dress was so cookie cutter red carpet it was almost sad to watch.

9. Gazillion

Gazillion Team Elise

Charlize For J'adore Dior Perfume

PARIS (Reuters) - Actress Charlize Theron has signed a contract with Christian Dior to be the face of its bestselling perfume J'adore, pitting her against fellow Oscar winner Nicole Kidman who will launch a similar campaign for Chanel.

Theron is due to star in print and television advertisements for J'adore starting in the autumn, a spokeswoman for Parfums Christian Dior said on Friday.

She could not provide details of the contract, but trade publication Women's Wear Daily (WWD) on Friday quoted industry sources as saying the South African actress had signed a three-year deal worth between $3 million and $5 million.

10. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

It's a pity they're constantly changing the face of the J'adore perfume. Frist Carmen, then Tiuu and now Charlize.

Nobody will ever be able to replace the image of Carmen for J'adore.

The least I can say is that they slightly changed the "concept" instead of making Charlize sit EXACTLY like Carmen and Tiuu. But this ad can't compare to the two previous one. Looks sortof "cheap".

Charlize got a "commercial" face, but not the kind that's fit for "haute couture". Maybe it's just me, but she's way better off with L'Oreal Paris. She doesn't look right in this ad. I would have prefered seeing someone maybe a bit less "popular" like Chloe Sevigny or a MODEL... I am so tired of seeing actresses doing ads that were destinated for MODELS.

kmlon likes this.
  11. Golden_butterfly

Golden_butterfly The mod squad

I agree!

12. Gazillion

Gazillion Team Elise

so true...

13. LMK

LMK New Member

I also agree but maybe not Chloe she comes across to cold to me. Anyways I don't like his ad, it doesn't look right I think it's the way she is sittng with her head back. It does nothing for me :(

14. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

at least i prefer this one ti tiiu's it has some sort of marylin monroe thing going on

15. Mr-Dale

Mr-Dale Unveil Yourself....

Though I think the ad looks great I do mind the fact that there's an actress instead of a model. I always prefer models over actresses or popstars but even more so now with Vogues return to models and all that. I see that as sort of a signal to the world of entertainment to do what they are best at and let the models do what they are best at: ad campaign. But I don't think lots of consumer will care that it's Charlize Theron, basically because they don't know who she is (at least here in Europe, only a hand full REALLY know who it is) and neither do they know any of the big models so....

16. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

in a battle between nicole kidman and charlize theron, nicole wins hands down...it's not even a fair fight...it's like pitting chanel no. 5 against j'adore...oh wait :rolleyes:

17. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Unfortunately, perfume companies need to switch it up once in a while. But to me, Charlize doesn't embody the image of J'adore that I've got...

18. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

^^ I agree, I dont think Charlize represents what I personally feel about J'adore. I thin its a shame that they always use actresses or celebs these days, I wish they would stick to using proper models.

19. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

The ad is fine - doesn't really incite any sort of reaction from me (which I would say is a bad thing).

20. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

agreed