Christian Dior Pre-Fall 06 and F/W 06.07 : Morgane Dubled & Kate Moss by Nick Knight

To quote Michael Kors on Project Runway, I'm underwhelmed. The first Fall ad was quite promising since it had a very dramatic angle and showed the red velvet dress is all its glory, but this one is just too ... normal. Kate Moss appears somewhat distorted (she looks a lot thinner - even somewhat elongated!) and I wish we saw more of the FRONT of the clothes. Also, in the ad, Kate appears to have a very high forehead and this creates an illusion of lack of hair.

Basically, all I think this ad is about is the bag, but all I can say is "WTH!" We've seen the bag before, except that it was in white - so show us the NEW stuff! What about the clothes?

god...this's definitely the worst Dior campaign I've even seen. It's uninspiring, dull and boring and Kate Moss is hideous. Hopefull Ms Kate Moss won't appear on Dior's campaign next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oye, Dior ads used to be so...performance art, so beautiful, the makeup, the set, the atitudes, the hair and most of all the clothes!! Dior ads used to be sooo cool, that was part of thier rise to popularity, the slick ad campaigns.

I'm not sure about the details but I doubt John Galliano did the art direction for the F/W 06 ads ... it just lacks the subtlety and artsiness of S/S 06 ads. I loved how they looked so ethereal and out-of-this-world - the sheerness of the piece was beautifully captured in the ads. I miss how amazing they were.

Diorling said:
Oye, Dior ads used to be so...performance art, so beautiful, the makeup, the set, the atitudes, the hair and most of all the clothes!! Dior ads used to be sooo cool, that was part of thier rise to popularity, the slick ad campaigns.
Ditto, ever since s/s 05 the creativity and appeal of the images have declined.

Not ironically, that was the first campaign starring Ms. Moss.

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere else but this is another one of the Dior Kate Moss A/W06 ads scanned from UK Vogue August 2006.

what's happen to Miss. Moss's face? she really looks tired in the photos...

Kate Moss looks awful in those campaigns. I never thought I could say this but I really dislike them. So dull :x

That picture #18 is stunning ! I hope its the real Dior ad ! Thanks for posting jssy4eva !

check out an article in MIXTE (french fashion mag) about Janet Fabre.
if you're not a model or a famous (and rich ppl) who will never get what's on the runway! they transform a lot of stuff for commercial. it's well known! and especially at Dior!!!!

noahman12345 said:
where can u buy the outfits that are on the runway
In the store?

BerlinRocks is kind of right, but not everything is drastically changed, but for F/W 05 almost the whole collection translated into stores.

BerlinRocks is kind of right, but not everything is drastically changed, but for F/W 05 almost the whole collection translated into stores.

Same goes for S/S 2006; there were hardly any changes made to the pieces that made it to the stores - and a large majority of the collection did.

I'm currently hoping that no changes are made to the F/W 2006 collection as they hit stores; I really want to see how the pieces on the runway actually look up-close. I'm expecting lots of bias cuts.

kissmesweet said:
I hate this model.
Isn't she Elivis' granddaughter? Riley something.
Now I know how she got a dior campaign, beause she's completely unattractive!
Her face is too long, has no shape.

Now I know how she got a dior campaign, beause she's completely unattractive!

:huh:

...anyway,

normal_dior1.jpg
normal_dior3.jpg
katefan.net

I've seen those two and frankly speaking, I'm not impressed. It's a great pose indeed, but Kate Moss is just NOT the woman for it. She looks like ... E.T.

I would've preferred someone more ... human-like. Either Snejana, whose pair of amazing eyes would look great in these ads, or perhaps Angela Lindvall, always the tough girl that she is (she looked great in the greasy ads a good number of seasons ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->