Christian Dior Rtw S/s 2005

Bouclé skirt suits, floral dresses and chiffon tops over fitted Capri pants: does this sound like John Galliano's Dior? When the designer took his bow accessorised with a smart bowler hat and black umbrella, his message was clear: this was the epitome of convention - but with just a touch of tongue-in-cheek exaggeration. Whether pressured by exasperated fashion editors tired of the flamboyant merry-go-round on the Dior catwalk each season or simply inspired by his own natural talent for making beautiful clothes, the British designer concentrated on his craft for spring/summer 2005 and left his showy alter ego at home. And he's the only man in fashion who could make wearable clothes some of the biggest news of the season. If commerciality was on the lips of his front row, however, Galliano mixed in plenty of colourful eccentricity to prove that he would never be caught bowing to convention: kooky chicks wore multicoloured jersey tops over transparent tiered chiffon skirts and striped stockings that disappeared into Nepalese boots that were a mass of fur pompoms and ribbons. Floral-embroidered flared chiffon trousers worn under matching tops by models with wildly frizzed hair, contained in part by crocheted beanies, were a glorious homage to the Biba years, while stunning wasp-waisted jackets paid their respects to Dior's post-war New Look. He may be British born and bred, but Galliano's Dior show is easily the highlight of Paris Fashion Week season after season. John Lennon's Imagine played out T-shirts and V-necks proclaiming "Dior, Not War", before Aqua's Come On Barbie, Let's Go Party took over to set the mood for bottom-flashing minis and arm-loads of coloured, plastic bangles. And for the man himself, it was simply an obvious move to make. "It's just the way I'm feeling," he explained after the show. "I think we're all feeling that, aren't we? The John Lennon song could have been written yesterday. I mean - imagine." (October 5 2004, PM)

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 5 2004, 02:06 PM
THIS is toned down...?!?!?!?!?...ugh..!!! :wacko:
[snapback]386400[/snapback]​

i think its slightly toned down is it not - well in some pictures you can tell that they are girls & not just complete freaks. Its still gross & I still find it offensive knowing what his views are in particular (but thats another debate)... I don't know who wears this kind of rubbish. dumb celebs?

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Oct 5 2004, 09:42 PM
I love those blue boots...

Galliano scares me. He looks like Puss In Boots from Shrek 2. :ninja:

But the collection is a standout, at least compared to the rest of this season's crap.
[snapback]386862[/snapback]​

oh my god it's so true...but I love Galliano :heart: !

I love this collection i really do - I'm totally getting the dior not war jacket...and the tank too :D so fun...I love those blue boots too prep i think they're so cute :heart: !

I still prefer ss 04 though - but this is pleasing to me :flower:

Btw - that last photo totally cracked me up with galliano's silhouette posing with them umberella hahaha !! amazing :woot:

Originally posted by Sugo@Oct 5 2004, 09:56 AM
k
thanks
i've seen enough :yuk:
[snapback]386076[/snapback]​

Amen.

in one review i read today it said something about the models were 'make-up free'
:wacko: i know its not the usual dior shabang but they have quite a load slapped on IMO

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 6 2004, 05:46 PM
in one review i read today it said something about the models were 'make-up free'
:wacko: i know its not the usual dior shabang but they have quite a load slapped on IMO
[snapback]387385[/snapback]​

Only the girls with the puffe dhair had the drama-make-up....the first 20 or so girls were make-up free and the rest had obvious eye-liner.

Plus, the video is online, or at least that's what the site says untill you push Play, then the fw video starts :huh:

as much as i hate the clothes :blink: galliano will be galliano..haha. but i like some of the accessories..

Every season I cannot believe this is the same man who designed those earlier collections for Dior. His beauty and theatrics have vanished, or so it seems.

Call me crazy, but I actually like this suit:

capt.par11710051444.france_fashion_par117.jpg

This all to much reminds me of Carrie's fashion road kill. And Jessica Simpson's dior stilletos. :smile:

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Oct 6 2004, 09:54 AM
Only the girls with the puffe dhair had the drama-make-up....the first 20 or so girls were make-up free and the rest had obvious eye-liner.

Plus, the video is online, or at least that's what the site says untill you push Play, then the fw video starts :huh:
[snapback]387399[/snapback]​
the video is online now... at least the first half is. i saw it earlier. the first half loads and then the second half of the fw 04 show plays :blink:
maybe they've fixed it by now but i'm not sure... i'll check when i get home later on this afternoon.
the show was GREAT!

Ok. Worst Dior ever. Really. I mean, after the dust had settled, f/w 04 was wild, crazy, and at least amusing to look at. This is just unnattractive, unaccomplished, and disgusting. I hate it. Worst show of the season.

Originally posted by mdankwah@Oct 6 2004, 10:24 AM
Bouclé skirt suits, floral dresses and chiffon tops over fitted Capri pants: does this sound like John Galliano's Dior? When the designer took his bow accessorised with a smart bowler hat and black umbrella, his message was clear: this was the epitome of convention - but with just a touch of tongue-in-cheek exaggeration. Whether pressured by exasperated fashion editors tired of the flamboyant merry-go-round on the Dior catwalk each season or simply inspired by his own natural talent for making beautiful clothes, the British designer concentrated on his craft for spring/summer 2005 and left his showy alter ego at home. And he's the only man in fashion who could make wearable clothes some of the biggest news of the season. If commerciality was on the lips of his front row, however, Galliano mixed in plenty of colourful eccentricity to prove that he would never be caught bowing to convention: kooky chicks wore multicoloured jersey tops over transparent tiered chiffon skirts and striped stockings that disappeared into Nepalese boots that were a mass of fur pompoms and ribbons. Floral-embroidered flared chiffon trousers worn under matching tops by models with wildly frizzed hair, contained in part by crocheted beanies, were a glorious homage to the Biba years, while stunning wasp-waisted jackets paid their respects to Dior's post-war New Look. He may be British born and bred, but Galliano's Dior show is easily the highlight of Paris Fashion Week season after season. John Lennon's Imagine played out T-shirts and V-necks proclaiming "Dior, Not War", before Aqua's Come On Barbie, Let's Go Party took over to set the mood for bottom-flashing minis and arm-loads of coloured, plastic bangles. And for the man himself, it was simply an obvious move to make. "It's just the way I'm feeling," he explained after the show. "I think we're all feeling that, aren't we? The John Lennon song could have been written yesterday. I mean - imagine." (October 5 2004, PM)
[snapback]387308[/snapback]​

Who wrote that review and why are they still breathing? How could anyone possibly give this show a positive spin? Please! :censored:

I really like this...the show was great imo.

really love the silhouettes of the jackets & dresses & the thick heeled shoes are beautiful! :heart:

Originally posted by brian@Oct 6 2004, 08:40 PM
the video is online now... at least the first half is. i saw it earlier. the first half loads and then the second half of the fw 04 show plays :blink:
maybe they've fixed it by now but i'm not sure... i'll check when i get home later on this afternoon.
the show was GREAT!
[snapback]387614[/snapback]​

No, still not fixed....

bad collection. clothes are absolutely nothing new. those beginning pieces, especially the one with gemma, i almost mistook it for marc jacobs.

Wearable, yeah. Aesthetically strong? No. Dior's recent shows are all about piling-it-all-on, but going back to Japanese school girl at this season seems strange. Not that I ever think Galliano participates in trends. He's such an outlier, and whether that's good or bad is up to your judgment.

Work of an amateur:

00030f.jpg
00040f.jpg

00060f.jpg
00090f.jpg

00300f.jpg
00440f.jpg

I say they're amateurish because the clothes have the production value of a low-end high-street brand. Very Mango in that the pieces are wearable separately but the whole look shows no trace of design principle or whatsoever. Hard to believe this comes from the house of Dior!! And satin bumpers with slip dresses (not to mention stockings and platforms)... What year is Galliano in?

The gowns are horrible. I'm getting tired of the tie-and-knot satin/chiffon dresses Galliano has been sending celebs over the years, but this anime t-shirt and floral skirt thing is beyond dated. Even the dino designer Armani can do two-piece better than that. A very lazy collection. Gaultier on the other hand put out a Spectacular Spectacular that Galliano can only dream of.

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Oct 6 2004, 03:48 PM
I really like this...the show was great imo.

really love the silhouettes of the jackets & dresses & the thick heeled shoes are beautiful! :heart:
[snapback]387721[/snapback]​

I'm glad someone agrees with me - I really like it, yes there are pieces i do dislike- but the majority i am loving. :heart:

Originally posted by Ms. Diorella@Oct 6 2004, 03:33 PM
I'm glad someone agrees with me - I really like it, yes there are pieces i do dislike- but the majority i am loving. :heart:
[snapback]387799[/snapback]​
exactly :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->