Christian Dior S/S 2018 : Sasha Pivovarova by Patrick Demarchelier

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

PHOTO TAKEN BY VOGUE28
FROM UK HARPER'S BAZAAR FEBRUARY 2018

Sasha! What a treat. The shot is ok but I'm so excited to see her and I love that they included her painting, she's very talented.

It was so obvious she was getting the campaign. Hopefully it's ok.
I like this image. Looking forward to see more.

This is surely an improvement from the other seasons, as at least it has a sort of concept behind it, but what makes the image interesting is Sasha and her art, not the clothes which still look like something I could easily find in any Zara store.

Ugh, it's probably Lacombe again. When will this end???
This shot is nothing. Next would scoff at it. Same goes for the clothes. When I look at this I don't think luxury brand at all. I thought we are past the stage where rich people want to look like everyday folk?

I hate that tacky logo. It all looks so cheap, but I'm happy for Sasha!

I will always be happy to see the wonderful Sasha, a true star who can even make these clothes look decent.

AND THE SEASON OF UNINSPIRED CAMPAIGNS CONTINUES...
I'm tired of Dior and their tacky t-shirts and tacky bags. I will just say that Sasha looks good.

ugh. Again with those bags and her fake feminism t-shirts.

Sasha looks great even though she's clearly modelling a Zara outfit.

Raf Simons must be so grateful to MCB - she's making his tenure at Dior look great compared to her pitiful offerings...
There is no life, artistry or skill to any of this (bar Sasha's contribution). Its just boring. I'm even longing for the FW16 collection by Lucie Meier and Serge Ruffieux at this point. Yes it was nothing new, but it at least had impact and life than this sad offering.

It's a lovely shot of Sasha but it does not say campaign and it definitely does not say Dior.

How dare you have Sasha and yet you come out with the most uninspired boring fashion image. If you want to make a feminist statement then go for it. Go big. This is way too cliche and right on the note for a house a prestigious as Dior.

I'm even longing for the FW16 collection by Lucie Meier and Serge Ruffieux at this point. Yes it was nothing new, but it at least had impact and life than this sad offering.

Lucie and Serge's collections was rather unpopular on here, I never thought it was that bad personally. Just got annoyed when Dior seemed to toake too long to annppoint someone. But yes, I'd much rather them than MCB.

I think this is a great shot! A shame about the collection but Sasha looks fantastic. I get the whole irony thing they are doing with the phrase but I'm not sure how I feel about it, I'm interested to see the other images though.

Guys, MCB is Mariacarla Boscono.

It's a rather lovely shot with a nice concept, Sasha drawing herself. The clothes look boring though.

I love the image and the incorporation of her art but this looks too pedestrian for Dior imo... still, very happy to see Sasha :wub:

Happy to see Sasha and her art. Incredibly boring shot. Maria Grazia Chiuri's initials should be MGC, but it's not like her voice matters enough for anyone to remember that.

Happy to see Sasha and her art. Incredibly boring shot. Maria Grazia Chiuri's initials should be MGC, but it's not like her voice matters enough for anyone to remember that.

Haha my mistake! Didn't even realise I wrote that until now. I need to proofread more lol

sasha drawing is so 2006. couldn't they think of anyone with a little edge? they also could have played out a bit with the art direction, this is just so lazy, even though i don't necessarily hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->