Christian Dior S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 24, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

5. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I liked the lighting, the falling rose petals, and the dancers before the clothes actually came out - that's it ! I was annoyed by the clothes and the dancers getting in the way - or shall I say covering up the mediocrity. I am sick of her vision for Dior.

Frida and jeanclaude like this.
  6. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

It's such a shame that all these beautiful sets and top notch choreographs have to be wasted on mediocre clothes.

Frida, jeanclaude and apple like this.
  7. whippie

whippie Well-Known Member

Is this a joke? :cry:
    Also is she showing an A/W collection or Spring???

Scouting Snapper and apple like this.
  8. apple

apple Well-Known Member

90 looks of pure mediocrity and monotony. Beautiful setting and choreograph though.

Frida and jeanclaude like this.
  9. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

First collection that I liked from her but not for the good reason.

After NY non sense and the tackiness of MFW, I needed a very dull collection to start over and be ready for the PFW and she fulfilled that role perfectly.

Plus, she touched my heart with the set and the dancers. The lightning is really close to Lanvin by Elbaz at the Halle Freyssinet.

Just a thing to say directly to MGC : I see you trying to do some Vionnet but let her legacy in peace please.

10. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Just another boring, hideous collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri. Just look at Kris' look. What a joke.

jeanclaude likes this.
  11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

This woman is maybe the worst designer in the world.
    I’ve said it! Period!
    We expected a lot from a woman’s designer...For her to make Dior relevant to women, inspiring and flattering after the Raf debacle.

Instead, she is doing girly clothes nobody wants with tacky logos and uninspired tailoring.
    I think she is even worst than D&G because in their case at least, it’s their own brand.

Dance, South America, equestrian world, no matter the theme, it’s the same old clothes with the same old cut...

Gaultier did a dance inspired collection for S/S 2009. It was everything this isn’t: sensual, clever, inspired, evocative and fun.

Arnault better not renew her contract next year.

12. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

Her color-palette is terribly lacking in my opinion. I mean, you can't really eff up black, but somehow, she manages to do just that.

jeanclaude and Marc10 like this.
  13. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I actually think the setting was terrible for this collection! In motion it seemed vaguely obtrusive, but in print it's downright distracting. Can't see the detail, and the colours sort of struggle to pop.

It's an odd collection. Relying way too much on precedence set by mostly previous designers and Valentino. I mean, are there still women asking for yet another bar suit interpretation?? And the waist belt logo looks a lot like Feerrragamo from afar. Otherwise I like the top and full skirt combo, and some of the sheer printed dresses. My problem with Dior, Chanel and Armani's collections are that they're often way too long. At some point you can sense filler looks were added. I'm all for a shorter collection with a more distinct message.

14. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Isn't that the point? :lol:

jeanclaude and Machinegumm like this.
  15. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Right ! Galliano did a dance inspired collection for HC FW 2003 and McQueen for SS 2004 and both times, despite the theatrics, the clothes were beautiful and evocative and memorable themselves. I can never forget the way the ruffles flounced at the haute couture shoe and the exuberance of it all !

Just looking at her collections during her time at Dior and it could be deduced that she's not a very happy person and is boring.

YohjiAddict and jeanclaude like this.
  16. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

So dull, lifeless, repetitive, same old same old, downright ugly in parts... Is it possible there can't be a middle ground between this snoozefest and the gimmicks of the alessandro michele and the demnas of the world? Anyway, it's really sad that this is dior.

jeanclaude likes this.
  17. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Active Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

jeanclaude likes this.
  18. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

I don't think her collections are AS awful as most people here, but this I agree so much. She has the worst eye for color out there. I feel like all her clothes are in black, white and variations of beige, and when she does color she does an all blue collection. It's depressing!

19. bc collector

bc collector Member

Eeeerrrrmmm....as much as I am not a fan of her work myself, the only reason why she's there is because her clothes sell a lot. Do you guys think the big honchos at Dior did not know what she was going to do? Her appointment was supposed exactly to make up for the conceptual but not very commercially successful approach by Raf.

20. ogepma

ogepma Member

If all else fails, why not hire a bunch of dancers to distract us and annoy the models.

Honestly though, this is one of her better collections even with the rather mundane and uninspiring colour palette. Some beautiful but generic pieces here and there but overall very forgetful. I guess that's why a lot of effort was put into the show itself. I wonder how well her collections are doing, sales wise.