Christian Dior S/S 2019 Paris

Eeeerrrrmmm....as much as I am not a fan of her work myself, the only reason why she's there is because her clothes sell a lot. Do you guys think the big honchos at Dior did not know what she was going to do? Her appointment was supposed exactly to make up for the conceptual but not very commercially successful approach by Raf.
I know it’s selling. It’s easy and wearable but when I say clothes nobody wants it’s in term of high fashion. You need to add more depth to it.
I didn’t like Raf anyway.
MGC is lazy...

Again one boring collection by MGC for Dior...
Same and same and this Dior printed bags again? For next S/S ?Why?
We have them yet in every colour and form...

The collection is more of the same, again. But great show, with amazing lightning and ballet, reminded me something Raf would do. I think it's the first RTW show I really liked in the MGC era. And I must admit I got kinda nervous with the models slipping in the petals, at least none of them fell down.

I think she might be done at Dior folks ...don't take my word for it ..But that's the impression i got Backstage a lot of chatter ....I liked the show i must say ...The clothing is what Maria Grazia Chiuri does.. what u see is what u get ...no miracles or crazy inspiration here ....Here stuff sold & this will sell as well ...Fashion 2018...

really like her old valentino collections, i'm not sure if i like it or not. the set was a bit distracting though beautiful

Dull as usual, and what does she have against colour?

I hope it’s true that this is her last collection.

Isn't that the point? :lol:

Lmao!! Omg!

I think she might be done at Dior folks ...don't take my word for it ..But that's the impression i got Backstage a lot of chatter ....I liked the show i must say ...The clothing is what Maria Grazia Chiuri does.. what u see is what u get ...no miracles or crazy inspiration here ....Here stuff sold & this will sell as well ...Fashion 2018...

Well, I won't be shedding any crocodile tears over her departure, but it will be somewhat odd to reconcile. I've heard that Maria's Dior outsold Raf's by miles. So clearly it would not be Toledano's decision to let her go because he's a suit. Maybe it's time for Dior to evaluate what it is they're actually after. I think of all Dior's designers, Maria's tenure has been the most reliant on house codes and safeness. It sold as well as it could because she walked a very safe line, but in terms of hype and creativity it never quite made the cut.

Keep the roses in a vase! Poor girls look terrified and rightfully so.

Ah, batsheva... yes. :heart:

hardly a theme, dance, it should be a regular stopover in fashion now more than ever, if they're hoping to ever get out of the tragic limbo they're in where any reality tv star or s*it singer can take over their industry and dictate professionally trained people how and when to work. They need to integrate more with creative outlets where craft and talent still call the shots and hardly anybody makes it out of anonymity (so it's not the be all end all for them).. it's a bit odd how sporadic and brief these collaborations are and how constant and desperate their chase for validation from the art world, which is just as rotten, is. Guess one delivers faster..

The clothes are not too bad I think.. usual attire notes from whenever they bother to look into that world. Maybe the contrast with the "inspiration" pieces and the "gotta sell!" ones could be softer..

Galliano´s tenure was an orgy of ideas and styles. Thank you Maria for becoming Dior frigid and anorgasmic.

I don´t know how she does it; but with each new collection she´s getting better at being mediocre.

Sorry but there is NO excuse for such a high end brand to put out a collection with such sloppy and poor tailoring.
There are so many poorly executed jackets in this collection among other things.
This is pure laziness at its best.

diet_prada said that rumors said this collection will become Maria's final collection for Dior.

tenor.gif

A few looks aren't too bad but overall I don't like this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->