Christian Dior S/S 2020 Paris

I'm probably one of two people on this forum who likes Maria Grazia but even I can't get behind this.

I know the clothes are really well done and well executed, but my GAWD this collection is so dull and corny. I watched it live and I was exasperated from boredom.

I feel like she's showing the same collection over and over and over. Consistency is important, especially when you're selling an actual wardrobe (and these clothes ARE selling) but she has forgotten the importance of surprise.

Add to that her cheesy as usual styling and set design? This collection is a huge fail.

Last edited:
I can imagine the "Aliexpress" banner over each look...those tie-dye hippie pieces are always available in any street market!

There's something a bit old-tacky-italian-lady with Maria Grazia's collections. It's subtle, not too heavy. You know what I mean? Like third-rate Etro prints gone wrong on cheap jersey dresses that they sell at tourists shops.

V.A.L.E.N.T.I.N.O. That's all I have to say. The last segment epsecially, it looks like scrapped Valentino looks from circa 2014. We've seen it all over and over again ever since she took over Dior and I don't care if it sells, that doesn't make it good!
People will buy anything with a designer logo and expensive price tag. How did they go from Galliano and Raf to this? It's devastating... I mean I can't deny that the clothes look pretty but this is a Zara collection at best.

V.A.L.E.N.T.I.N.O. That's all I have to say. The last segment epsecially, it looks like scrapped Valentino looks from circa 2014. We've seen it all over and over again ever since she took over Dior and I don't care if it sells, that doesn't make it good!
People will buy anything with a designer logo and expensive price tag. How did they go from Galliano and Raf to this? It's devastating... I mean I can't deny that the clothes look pretty but this is a Zara collection at best.

I even thought Carolina Herrera and Oscar were better than this!

Another « Whatever collection »...
Her Dior is selling well. It’s the high street version of High Fashion, much like what Frida Giannini served a decade ago and not so much different from what Slimane did not so long ago at YSL.

I mean...even my mother wants a Dior book bag!
I don’t like her Dior but it speaks to a lot of people...Very accessible and expensive Fashion has always worked.

I don’t even have the energy to rant about her anymore. I’m just waiting for the day Dior change it CD. We have seen the variation of the same clothes for 3 years now...

Come on folks i know u guys are gonna go in on her but this collection is nice let's be honest ....
Her Dior has never been « horrible ». It has always been « nice », inoffensive and disposable. We want fireworks and she can’t even deliver firecrackers...

Shes doing something right I guess, because her stuff is so in demand.
Creatively lacking, but I guess its just clothes in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->