Christian Dior Shoes - General

Astrid21

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fashion Wire Daily New York August 1@ 2003
J'Adore Aaliyah

By Karin Nelson

Apparently an enormous Aaliyah fan, John Galliano is this month showing his love for the singer, who died two years ago in a plane crash at the age of 22. From August 1 through August 10, Christian Dior will be donating a percentage of the sales of its newly launched Dior Sport Shoe to the Aaliyah Memorial Fund.

The shoe, which comes in four styles, is the first active shoe launched under Galliano's design direction, and is a favorite of celebs like Eve and Gwen Stefani. The contribution to the fund is the first time the French fashion house has given to so personal a cause.

Always a strong benefactor of the arts, Dior has recently become interested in supporting women's health issues, something Aaliyah was interested in as well. Aside from her chart-topping songs, award-winning videos, Grammy nomination, and burgeoning film career, she was actively involved in breast cancer and Alzheimer's charities. Her memorial fund, which is a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, benefits The Revlon/UCLA Women's Cancer Research Program, The Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Center in New York, The National Breast Cancer Coalition, and The Alzheimer's Association of Los Angeles.

Along with the Sport Shoe sales donation, Dior will also be hosting a "Dance For Life" event in Los Angeles. The benefit party will be held this weekend at the home of Quincy Jones, and will also support the Aaliyah Memorial Fund. Damon Dash, Brandy, Gwen Stefani, Sharon Stone, Naomi Campbell, Macy Gray, Stephen Dorff, Missy Elliott, Peggy Lipton, Estella Warren, and Brett Ratner are all expected.

The Sport Shoe is available at Dior boutiques nationwide. For store information, call (800) 929-DIOR.

if Aaliyah was still alive today she would be an absolutely MIND BLOWING ICON

she was a perfectionist, gotta love em

didnt they allready make the same exact shoe with a difrent name?

I don't really like flats (and won't really wear them myself) but the first are cute.

The second I like the most (the boots!)

If you want ballet flats I bought these LV ones awhile back for my mom. :heart: I love them.
p10370515_ph_detail_01.jpg

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_deta...&SectionID=6000

Laura you know me and FLATS.. NOPE! but they are cute.. the BOOTS I love!

I don't really like the boots,they look a bit tacky :unsure: ?

You really think so Trean? I think they are funky and I'd love to wear them w/ jeans.. but that's my opinion!

Thanks for sharing :flower:

I agree with trean regarding the tackiness. I don't like these Dior spinoff lines they have going--the Street Chic and Hardcore Dior, especially. I hate how there's a bag, a shoe, a flat, a sandal, a boot, a bracelet, and a necklace in the same motif. It just gets done to death and I know there are women out there who are going to try to buy everything and wear it at once. :sick:

That said, I kinda like the flats that Andora posted originally. But they aren't really my style. I say go to a Dior boutique and buy a boot style that isn't so mass marketed and overdone.

For me that is the thing I love about Dior. The tackiness. Fashion is not fun if it isn't little flashy/tacky/trashy.

For example: Versace, Cavalli, Fendi (especially the animal print bags with the gold..very tacky/trashy but so beautiful because they are that way! :woot:

Andoras style is very much like mine so I see where she is coming from. We also love classic things but classic is never as much fun as some hot trash :lol:

wish I could afford to go and buy any DIOR boot but I can't! unfortunetly! :cry: I don't think they are tacky but you're more then welcome to your opinion.

I just like boots I never said anything about buying the purse and so on!

I think they're quite elegant, the boots, would match well with a saddlebag. Or the brand new Admit It bag, which is much better than last years. The Marc Jacobs flatty pointies are cute!

A lot of the hardcore Dior shoes are OK, but nothing new. I'll still be visiting their shop soon, can't wait!

Craig :heart:

Originally posted by *AndoraStar*@Aug 20th, 2003 - 4:46 pm
wish I could afford to go and buy any DIOR boot but I can't! unfortunetly! :cry: I don't think they are tacky but you're more then welcome to your opinion.

I just like boots I never said anything about buying the purse and so on!
Sorry, Andora. I didn't mean to come off sounding harsh and I hope I didn't. :flower:

I don't think that most Dior boots are too much more expensive than the Hardcore ones at $730. But if you like them, then go for it, of course!

And I wasn't referring to you when I wrote about buying the entire line. I just meant that some women will do that and that it will look tacky.

I totally agree.. I did not take any of that to offence! I can't see myself wearing all DIOR either but putting in pieces here and there I would! Thanks again! :flower:

:blush: they are ok i suppose but i think its because i see so many lookalike DIOR shoes that i find them just normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coutureitgirlxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->