Christiane Arp Leaves Vogue Germany as EIC

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Benn98, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

2. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

3. MON

MON Well-Known Member

So the Heidi issue was her last?

Her time was up. She ran to the ground the brand she fought so hard to establish. The last 7 years were terrible.

Wishing her all the best.

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

There's really no tears from my side. Unlike Angelica and Eugenia, Arp has been past it for some time now.
    She had a long run but one must know when to leave and she overstayed for years.

I've always wanted Koller at Vogue Germany, hope they'll at least consider her but I'm not sure she'd want to move to Munich. But maybe if the money and freedom is right...

This crazy exodus of editors makes me hold my breath. Please not Edwina, who has a close friendship with Arp and Angelica. If Edwina is also leaving then CN must be busy with a shakeup. Maybe it's all that new guy's doing. 3 editors leaving in such a short span, China and Spain with such huge audience and advertising figures? I smell a rat!

I HOPE THE NEXT ONE WILL BE FARNETI!

5. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

The business model is no longer working and these editors being there for too long with issues being beaten by rivals needed to go. Vogue Germany should be much stronger. For Spain, Elle seems to do much better. They are consistent and know they audience. China,well, it was a mistake to let Angelica go. She knows how to run a magazine and how to bring money.

I don't know why but I sense Alt is under scrutiny.

Bertrando3 and YohjiAddict like this.
  6. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Hope they hire someone with unique vision, since US Vogue and British Vogue are nearly interchangeable, we don't need a triplet.

Razjel likes this.
  7. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

Gurl, bye. What’s going on at Conde Nast? It seems to me that each EIC unanimously decided to leave before they get burned to the ground or something lol. Wouldn’t surprise me if someday, outside of the big 4, all Vogue editions would only have one EIC who oversees each of them.

Bertrando3 and YohjiAddict like this.
  8. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

There are too many Vogue editions. Another one is set to launch next year. It’s time to say no and enforce quality over quantity when it comes to this title. Whoever takes over must take into consideration the history of the magazine and stay far away from current trends if they want to be successful in the long run. The clothes should be the only thing that is of the moment. The rest of the magazine should remain unique and individual.

9. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Vogue Values 2021: lots of your editors leaving at the same time.

Actions speak louder than coverlines words.

Razjel, sixtdaily, MyNameIs and 4 others like this.
  10. SLFC

SLFC Well-Known Member

Can Farneti be next please?

Razjel, justaguy, slayage and 3 others like this.
  11. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

Arp was fired, right?

12. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Active Member

Licence deal now is easy money for Conde Nast. When they give someone licence this person has to pay fee linence and % from ads every years. Fee linence is very high. In contract they also determined magazine have to be published by specific time, for example for 3 years you can't close magazine up, even if you haven't readers.

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  13. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

I was just about to point this out as well. The new editions are not responsible for the supposed budget cut that took place in the company, so closing some of them down in an attempt to enforce quality over quantity actually defeats the purpose of generating monetary benefits for the HQ whose certain percentages of profit are then distributed into all of the editions.

14. marsnoop2

marsnoop2 Well-Known Member

Any news on who her replacement is?

15. annikad

annikad Active Member

No news yet, in an interview with "Der Standard" from last week the current Condé Nast Germany CEO mentioned that Stephanie Neureuter (Beauty Director) and Andrea Latten (Executive Business Director) are responsible for the magazine until further notice. It feels like it will take some time until a new editor will be announced.