Christoper Kane F/W 2018.19 London

The grey tweet coat with independent panels forming the sleeves is very interesting!! Why the rest of the collection don´t have the same level??

Lace overdose and those 70s erotic books print doesn´t help at all...

The grey tweet coat with independent panels forming the sleeves is very interesting!! Why the rest of the collection don´t have the same level??

Agree, standout piece in this collection, by far.

As ever his constant defender I'm not really sure what to make of this collection... some really atrocious looks in there reminiscent of the cheapness of Slimane's YSL, but also some really beautifully cut stuff that keeps me from finding it a complete throwaway collection.

I'm finding the "More Joy" graphic on the sweatshirt a bit ironic...considering that's what this collection really could have used. In fact, it's what the brand has been missing for the last several years.

There's always clever, interesting things in a Kane collection, but the overall impact has been pretty dour for quite some time. It's a shame, since he used to be such a smart, fabulous and hilarious designer.

I'm finding the "More Joy" graphic on the sweatshirt a bit ironic...considering that's what this collection really could have used. In fact, it's what the brand has been missing for the last several years.

There's always clever, interesting things in a Kane collection, but the overall impact has been pretty dour for quite some time. It's a shame, since he used to be such a smart, fabulous and hilarious designer.

Agh, I'd hate to agree with you... but I do.

I think I've mentioned this before, but his Pre-Fall & Resort collections tend to be more impressive nowadays.

What's up with him recently? What is this? It looks like someone's generic depiction of "fashion" based off of an online dictionary/Google Images search.

He used to produce such fantastic work (2013-14 stands out in my mind for consistently beautiful collections), but now, his work feels so out of it and dated, much like the entirety of LFW which is just nothing nowadays.

For some reasons the black/lace parts and the rainbow colours embellishment are giving off a strong Givenchy HC SS18 vibes... hmmm...

And the Slimane influence is strong here. And the top with 'More Joy' could do much better without the words.

i love the last 2 dresses

miss the days when he really "themed" each collection and they individually stood out though

Tragic, gimmicky and he tried to hard. I think it's time for some designers to really think about the kind of women they are doing clothes for and not only focus on this "creativity at all costs". All of that can be damaging in terms of identity.
I'm sorry but when i see the red lace dress that could have been on a Peter Dundas show, i say to myself that Mr Kane is totally lost.

It's very hard for London designers to live up to their hype. We had huge expectations from Mr Kane, he did wonderful things for Versus because that brand had an identity and he added his creativity. On his own, he is empty.
This is really sad.

This is terrible!

I gave it time to digest and I still don't like it. There is literally no joy in this collection, at all.

Perhaps the looks I'd keep are 4 and 7, with the lace - those are the standout pieces for me here. Some of the slashed coats are fine.. and that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->