Christoper Kane S/S 2019 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 17, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. perhydrol

perhydrol Active Member

I'm in love with this collection, it's like the good, old Kane, just for 2019. He's been very much into exploring sex for the past few seasons and here it totally works in its own quirky way. Even the oversized shoulder silhouette is interesting and appealing.

HeatherAnne likes this.
  4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

To me it’s like his brand is going nowhere. Been stuck in a formulaic way of doing collections for years now, ever since that Kering acquisition, and there is hardly anything fresh. The news that he is trying to buy back the entirety of his brand might be his last chance at rekindling what was once real talent and passion.

5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I really liked the first part of the collection but then, the denim started and it got me confused...
    There are some cute things but he is at his best when he does focused collections but lately it doesn't work.
    Maybe he should go back to his fundamental. It's time!

6. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

When I think about him, I have always in mind his Spring 2007 collection that was sexy, bold with vivid colours and details. I always ask myself why he took such a different path to create these awful collections. This one is no different, I felt lost looking at it and during the re see I know I will still be not convinced by it.

7. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

Boring like all of his recent collections, faux-intellectual and white-washed (are you still serious with these casts Chris???). This man used to produce stellar, eye-catching clothes that made LFW relevant. Not sure he's had that midas touch in a long time now.

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Despite not putting put immensely strong collections, Kane is still on top! The black bodice detail instantly bowled me over, and definitely his intellectual pairing of colour. But there are some duds which drags this collection somewhat. I have faith he'll return next season with renewed creative vigor.

9. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

strongest when it plays with textures, and when it celebrates strong femininity
    weakest when it tries to be cool.

10. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Active Member

It looks a lot less busy than previous seasons and some of the gimmicks he applied actually quite work. The printed cartoon with loud slogan looks, even though very reminiscent of Balenciaga F/W 2012, are done in a rather tasteful way. The C-String-inspired dresses are rather exceptional and so are the crystal-embellished section of the show. He just needs to edit the show better because there are some fillers (the glossy silk dresses and denim) that could've been left out of it. But time and time again, he hasn't been able to truly create a fashion moment like he used to. His last remarkable collection to me was F/W 2014. The last few dresses of that collection with their 3D-like, dark trimmed leaves of organza, which ruffled so exquisitely like the pages of a book, were very awe-inspiring.

11. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Could do without the weird prints but overall it's a solid Kane collection.

12. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

His collections always make me happy, he has fun with his themes and not take it too drastic *cough* Rodarte *cough*.

Benn98 likes this.