Christopher John Rogers Resort 2022 New York

Is he applying for the JPG spot next season? Because those Fall 1995 prints inspired pieces look laughable.

The first look have potential but it went downhill from there.

^Either him or Marine Serre since they've both shown so much love for that particular collection.

I don't entirely hate it, but that's because all I can see is JPG. The annoying thing is that he has the ability to do better he's just not.

I saw his collaboration with Target when I went for a Starbucks today. Horrendous quality and construction. The binding of the neckline was all wavy/distorted and the cheap fabric felt as if a strong gust of wind would tear the piece apart! I know it is target and the volume and size of the drop has an effect on the manufacturing of the pieces, but truthfully I was shocked upon seeing such a lackluster presentation. So much for sustainability.

Not sure why he wants women to dress like they stepped out of a 1968 fashion editorial...the overall execution is less offensive than in some of his past collections, the drop-waisted rainbow dresses could hardly be more unflattering though, even the models look 5 inches tall.

The constant Gaultier inspiration/ripoff/heist wholesale not just in prints, but even the opening look of the geometric pattern-cut of the bustier lifted from Gaultier, is becoming tiresome. Blatant Gaultier print/pattern ripoffs aside, this actually his most solid effort both in tailoring and design. And for a Resort offering, it’s better than most of his hyped contemporaries’ main collections. Maybe the Target money afforded him a stronger team, but it’s a noticeable improvement from anything he’s copied and pasted before. Hopefully unlike Virgil, he’s capable of making the effort to continue improving.

I love everything. yes it’s a HUGE rip off of more than one designer but if only rip offs were this well presented... can’t believe I’m saying this but the colours are so eye catching despite being garish and the collection evolves like a voyage in time... I see several influences but they’re all so interesting to look at that I cannot dislike.

He should focus on knitwear, the now signature stripes (Rykiel is kinda dead now so go for it) and tailoring and try to make it distinctive. I don’t get the need for the big shapes when he surely can’t make them modern.
It’s really time for this new generation of designers to take tailoring seriously and when I say seriously is to find a silhouette or a fit that is kind of signature. They have a very Tommy Hilfiger approach to tailoring when they should think Ralph, Thom or Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->