Christopher Kane DIY

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
I am very interested in screenprinting or (having one done) of a primate image of a t-shirt. does anyone have any advice for me?

I already own kane's crocodile shirt dress from topshop. thats not enough however!

(images : trenddoll)

Attachments

• kane2.jpg
    kane2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2
  • kane3.jpg
    kane3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1
  • kane4.jpg
    kane4.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1
  • kane5.jpg
    kane5.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1
knockoffs of the images have been spotted as far away as australia (animal orchestra's twitpic)

Attachments

• kanediy.jpg
    kanediy.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1
I remember Rumi of FashionToast had a post pretty recently with a sort of diy, she got a gorilla shirt off of ebay.

here is a project i am currently working on.

instructions and pics from teen vogue

Do-it-yourself

Christopher Kane uses his magic touch to give the must-have accessory of the season—statement gloves—some gothic–cool flair.

• long black–fabric dress gloves
  • black satin two–inch–wide ribbon
  • needle and black thread
  • black sew–on jewels/rhinestones
  • scissors
Using scissors, trim the gloves to the desired length, so they end about a third of the way up the arm.

Lay the gloves palms down, and arrange the jewels on the backs of the hands. Sew them in place with needle and thread.

Pinch 3/4 of an inch of the ribbon and stitch together. Continue Pinching and stitching, leaving 1/3 of an inch between each fold.

When you have enough corrugated ribbon to fit the base of one glove, sew it on. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the second glove.

Attachments

• kanediy5.jpg
    kanediy5.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
  • kanediy4.jpg
    kanediy4.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
  • kanediy3.jpg
    kanediy3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1
  • kanediy2.jpg
    kanediy2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1
  • kanediy6.jpg
    kanediy6.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
  • kaneandhisglove.jpg
    kaneandhisglove.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
I've wanted to make my own fabric for a while... but I think screen printing something so colourful may be a little difficult... I know there are some websites where you can order them to print fabric for you if you want to construct it yourself

it's far too detailed to be screen printed

for photographic imagery, i think it's better for you to find a place that has printers (the same kind of printer you use to print paper documents). there is a lot of options you can take from here.. but if you want an image as large as this, covering most of the body, printing directly onto the fabric is the least work imo. just need to find a printer that will be as wide as your fabric and that the ink matches

just depends on your taste
more ideas in this website

or some schools here allow the public to use their equipment by appointment. i know Central Saint Martins (UK) has fabric printers.. so if Parsons/FIT are closeby you could inquire
there are also print shops that create custom flags, logos etc. sometimes they work on fabric. where i live it's more common they will use synthetic fabric ie. nylon, poly. the ink just doesn't adhere to anything else

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that dress! And I love those gloves. I wouldn't mind making them white lace though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->