Christopher Kane S/S 08 London

i can't believe someone actually went to the trouble and actually stole pieces from this collection....it's really not good.

this is like a car crash or some kind of violent accident.

it's so ugly but i just can't stop looking.

some cool looks. but since i myself am having mixed feelings about it...i'll play hypocrite and say that maybe the break in was just a pr stunt to cover up for the disappointment that is his collection....on that note, i do love the chiffon.

liberty33r1b said:
i can't believe someone actually went to the trouble and actually stole pieces from this collection....it's really not good.

So true :innocent: If the outfits they stole are as bad as the things that were shown, they can better steal a bag of crisps at Tesco's next time. :ninja:

Well good he came up with this whole oh no they stole my collection story, because at least he has an excuse for this crap

:flower::flower:

After watching the video I'm completely convinced the break in was planned, and here's why.

If the collection turned out to be good, the positive would be magnified because of how short the amount of time was between the break in and the show and how he managed to pull it together.

If, as we saw, the collection was the most vile thing to walk a runway since last season's collection, people would just be like "well, half the collection was stolen, so he's not entirely to blame."

Genius the likes of which I've never seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to figure out which pieces were the "showpieces".....

But at least the music was good! ^_^

If this is all that he will be selling then the buyers will be having a rockhard time selling this...I don't know how many people are waiting for tiered chiffon after the recent death of boho chic...ditto on the prints. I have no idea what to make of this. Poor guy for getting stolen, but he could've better cancelled the show (quite a legit reason, no?) and do a presentation when he was ready for one rather than show this.

The people who stole some of the dresses from the warehouse may have just taken the whole collection to save my eyes from the monstrosity of this.

I don't think this collection is as bad as people are making it out to be. The clothes move beautifully and I don't think this would be a hard collection to sell.

i think there is a lot of not very nice stuff here but there are a couple of beautiful items - the long tunics with slightly glossy cut outs with sheer skirts underneath are gorgeous in particular and some of the black dresses.

I see Adrian Joffe on the front row. The boy sure is getting noticed.

i decided to wait and see the video before saying anything, and thank god i did!!

I LOVE THIS!! every piece of it...

in a deserate attemp to find who does this guy gets his inspiration from, i tried to point at some givenchy references and teh balenciaga mood that has already been mentioned... still the whole thing looks quite unique, and very himself... no time, no decades (and i dont mean that this is timeless, cause i am sure it will get dated soon)

i just think it's the perfect show, for the perfect moment!

(ilaughead,carine will be wearing this TOMORROW!!!! or so i wish!)

You've hit the nail on the head Spike.

This certainly is a departure from his previous collections, and by no means a good one. I like about 3 dresses near the end, and even that's an overstatement. Hated the snakeskin print and the crystal design was just an 80s bedazzled eyesore.

so...these are the non stolen pieces? or are the stolen pieces found?

some thoughts that went through my head while watching was
- some outfits look like it's taliored made for carine
- 90s
- lots of ruffles indeed
- where did all the color go?
- definetly see balenciaga and givenchy and oliver theyskens in the collection which made me like some of the outfits because of that
- what's with the ripped jeans? please dont start that hype again. instead of the boot cut jeans, it will be the skinnies this time.

it's a love/hate situation with me. i love some of the outfits because it reminded me of designers i like but in a more watered down kind of way, but hate it because of the dose of tackiness the collection carries. the work load had obviously gone down since his debut collection(especially his CSM grad collection)
it feels to me he's trying to stripe away from the whole versace vibe thing the press puts on him.
overall, it looks like a half hearted collection to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->