Christopher Kane S/S 08 London

Well its not bad....the ruffles are sorta overdone and the colours are overdone, and I hate ripped jeans. The hair and makeup was good though. His last spring collection was so much better, the one with all those phosphorus colours. Im disappointed hes usually really good.

Hours Ago #38 luckyme
Eyes Of The World
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif

Profile: Mod Squad Member

I like this quite a bit...I think it's young, fresh, and quirky. it will appeal to the chloe girl that needed a place to find her missing frocks from last season's chloe.

Hahah Thats was right to the point, because I used to be a Chloe girl
(before they changed to that freaky Paulo guy)
, and this kind of stuff really appeals to me

I love that when the most people here hates a collection, I find it so beautiful, and when you all go praise Marc Jacobs instead I hated him

Like most people Im so dissapointed by this show, its just an utter disaster to me, it started bad with my two biggest fashion pet peeves, python print and distressed denim and just got worse from there.

also I may add
these pieces must be the stolen ones,
come on you cant cut so many ruffles, and construct pieces in 10 days!

I love that when the most people here hates a collection, I find it so beautiful, and when you all go praise Marc Jacobs instead I hated him

I liked Chloe too, pre-Paolo. But I'm no Marc Jacobs worshiper either...

... I suppose I'm the Anna Wintour to all the Carine Roitfelds, prefering the old school and farmiliar to the unrealistically avant garde, such as this collection. :innocent:

None of his pieces were stolen, c'mon.

sooooooo irrelevant

Last edited by a moderator:
i havent seen this many ruffles since 1975..lol...it has a very gypsy dress vibe but with touches of goth girl.

Some of it is really good....but some of it is absolute cr*p!

For some reason, I think of Balenciaga in New York when I see this :innocent:

the jeans look like something he put together at the last minute to replace a stolen piece - it just doesn't look right amidst the rest of the collection!

ripped skinny jeans is the easiest thing to make lol....that too in london ....hey does anybody know the name of the title track in the cristopher kane video at 5:40 its so F*** catchy

wow, there is nothing redeemable about this whatsoever.

if i were a model in the show, i'd be embarrassed.

The Balenciagaesque boots are the best part of this collection.

God those ruffles are lumpy.

And faded camo print with python print....that's got to be some kind of fashion sacrilige.

spike, we almost alway agree, however...im really feeling this collection, theres something that really draws me to it...

i love it:ninja:

Christopher Kane put on a show on Monday that he said drew inspiration from such diverse sources as Stephen King's horror movies, Prisoner Cell Block H and Crocodile Dundee.

Dress lengths fell to the floor or mid-calf and ruffles and snakeskin print dominated. While the reaction from the audience was muted, the designer was pleased with the result.
"The show was amazing," he said.

-- reuters canada

http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/ne...AINMENT-FASHION-LONDON-COL.XML&archived=False

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->