Christy Turlington

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
from british vogue

CHRISTY'S BACK IN FASHION

CHRISTY TURLINGTON has added to her design portfolio with a new range of yoga wear . Having launched Nuala, with the help of Puma, almost four years ago, the New York-based mother-of-one has now come up with Mahanuala, which is supposed "to complement Nuala, the [first] yoga-inspired collection. Mahanuala's similar sensibility addresses the more technical needs of a true yoga practice. It's apparel created specially for the practice of Asanas, the physical limb of yoga." Turlington, who will launch the new range on March 31, has elected to donate some of the profits from its first sales to Tibet House, New York's famous yoga and meditation retreat centre. (March 23 2004, AM)

There's no way I'd ever be able to concentrate if Christy Turlington and I were in the same yoga studio. Maybe if Mahanuala made blinkers like they put on horses so I could only see straight ahead.

I just read the launch party will be where Twilo (R.I.P.) used to be. Ah, memories!

Originally posted by Atelier@Mar 23rd, 2004 - 2:33 pm
There's no way I'd ever be able to concentrate if Christy Turlington and I were in the same yoga studio. Maybe if Mahanuala made blinkers like they put on horses so I could only see straight ahead.

I just read the launch party will be where Twilo (R.I.P.) used to be. Ah, memories!
LMAO, I second that...

What exactly is Christy "designing"? :ninja:

Originally posted by faust@Mar 23rd, 2004 - 2:36 pm
What exactly is Christy "designing"? :ninja:
;D ;D

Besides belted spandex leotards? ;D

It's cheaper! I got the impression since it was more "technical" it would be higher priced.

WWD Thursday March 25, 2004
Turlington Stretches Into Mahanuala

NEW YORK — Yogawear is worn just as often these days by women out for brunch as those who are sweating it out in the yoga studio. But Christy Turlington Burns’ new yoga collection is designed for those who actually know how to do the downward dog pose. She’s expanding her yoga-inspired, Puma-backed Nuala line with a new collection called Mahanuala, created for the practice of Asanas, a term referring to the physical postures used in yoga.

“While the collection looks stylish, it is made to sustain rigorous physical activity,” said the model-cum-entrepreneur, who will launch the collection at an event in New York on March 31. Mahanuala, also made by Puma in collaboration with Turlington, includes a wide range of T-shirts, bright-colored tank tops, cargo shorts, leggings and capri pants as well as footwear and some accessories, with wholesale prices ranging from about $20 to $35. This is below the core Nuala offerings, which primarily wholesale for between $35 and $60, and go up to around $150 for some of the outerwear.

Nuala launched four years ago, and is now sold in about 40 stores, including Henri Bendel and 45-10 in Dallas, and and features luxury fabrics such as cashmere and thick knits. Company executives declined to give sales figures for Nuala or projections for the new line, however, Puma said it will donate the first 2 percent of sales to Tibet House in New York. — M.K.

040204_35.jpg

Christy sporting pieces from the new line, plus extracts from wwd article:

New mom Christy Turlington said her five-month-old daughter, Grace, is a yoga natural. “She can teach me a few things,” the model-turned-entrepreneur quipped at a party Wednesday night to introduce her new Mahanuala yoga collection. “She is so flexible.” Turlington, who is so devoted to yoga that she did :shock: headstands when she was in her eighth month of pregnancy, is selling her new Puma-produced collection exclusively on amazon.com for the next six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saucednoods
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->