Claire Prebble

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Over the Sea, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Over the Sea

Over the Sea place your body here

A 21 year old New Zealand designer. I think her work is amazing :heart:
    Source: claireprebble.co.nz

Attached Files:

2. Over the Sea

same source
    Eos collection that won the Montana Wearable Art Award in 2004

Attached Files:

3. Over the Sea

same source

Attached Files:

4. Over the Sea

Source: artforthebody.com

Attached Files:

5. Over the Sea

Source: newzealand.com
    Work on Avatar:
    " A young New Zealand artist who produced her first national masterpiece at the age of eight, is costume maker behind the hugely successful 3D blockbuster Avatar - now the world’s #2 movie of all time.

Claire Prebble, 24, from Golden Bay near Nelson in the South Island, has revealed she worked on the Hollywood movie for three years, and is relieved she can finally talk about it.

The young artist worked with Weta Workshop’s creative teams in Los Angeles and Wellington designing and making Na’vi weapons, accessories and clothing for Avatar.

Wellington’s Weta Digital company was behind the ground-breaking technology used to create the new generation 3D special effects which film industry commentators say is the biggest thing for the film making industry since colour film.

Secret work
    Prebble said she was able to don her 3D glasses and watch Avatar with a unique sense of satisfaction, having helped create it.

"I couldn't even say the name of the movie for a while," Prebble said. "I had to keep everything a secret from my friends and family for years and it's really nice to be able to share it."

Avatar has so far grossed more than NZ$1.5 billion worldwide. After just 22 days in theatres, it was second only to James Cameron's original monolith Titanic, and becomes the # 2 movie of all time.

As well as creating costumes and weapons, Prebble also made textures and samples for the digital artists to replicate.

"They can see how it moves and looks in real life, and that makes it easier for them to create it onscreen," she said. "

Attached Files:

#5 Over the Sea, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Feb 14, 2010