Clarisonic or other Facial Skincare Brushes

ragtag

leave me with your Borneo
Reaction score
has anyone tried this? this brush uses the same technology as sonicare toothbrushes. it's expensive but i'd be willing to pay for it if it's not just another skincare gimmick. :unsure: i'd mainly like it for the thorough pore cleansing and possible blackhead removal. i don't have rosacea or dermatitis.

from the clarisonic.com site:

Experience the benefits of CLARISONIC:

More than 2X as effective as manual cleansing
Leaves skin feeling and looking smoother
Increases product absorption
Gentle enough for use twice daily
Reduces oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
Reduces the appearance of visible pores
Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Gentle enough for Rosacea, Acne and Seborrhea*

benefits.jpg

pic from clarisonic.com

Gimick. You would be better off using an exfoliating product like St. Ives Apricot Scrub. This thing works but not better than a cheaper solution like the apricot scrub product.

Bump :P
I thought I'd revive the thread since i bought the clarisonic md a couple of weeks ago and I'd really say that it's the best skin care product i've ever used in all my life. Yes, it IS expensive, but it will do wonders for your skin, regardless its condition. that brush is magic!

the sonic technology virtually shakes dirt and excess oil from the pores, being gentle enough for even the most delicate skin around the eyes. fine lines are less noticeable, and my skin looks perfectly polished. the brush even got rid of some discolorations on my forehead. the clarisonic is my holy beauty grail! I'd suggest you try yourself.

I read that clarisonic now offers a 30 day try out phase for free, you can return the brush and get your money back if you're not convinced.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I trust your opinion, Stella. I wanted to try this at least after an aesthetician who looked at my skin suggested it but the thought of the bristles moving over my skin always gave me nightmares, like no matter how gentle they claimed it was/is, that I would still get some irritation.

Do you use it everytime you cleanse?

Edit to add Ragtag I love your PJ avatar!

^ hey, thanks! i've been a bit.... fixated lately. :lol:

woohoo thread revival! I just bought mine from Nordstroms a couple of days ago and I'm sort of addicted to it already. A bad breakout finally made me buy it after like a year of procrastinating cus of the price. But so far its worth it. I had huge blackheads on my nose forever and it does a good job of cleaning them though it does take consistence. Ive had good cleansers and scrubs that did okay (murad+origins) but they just dont work as meticulously imo and sometimes im too lazy to use them properly anyway. plus you can avoid all sorts of chemicals with the clarisonic and a bit of cetaphil.

I like the brush, but I gave it to my brother to use instead and now I just use an spinning toothbrush or a buff bad. I don't mind.

My best friend loves this brush. I can really tell a difference in her skin, it glows. Her acne has disappeared a lot too. Hers is pink. I think I am going to order it..

I have had mine for almost two years and I love it. I go through phases where I don't use it and then I go back, and I yell at myself for stopping.

I have to say, I have pretty delicate skin so in two years, I have never moved up to the "normal" brush head. I loved it when they finally came out with a Delicate one.

^^ I trust your opinion, Stella. I wanted to try this at least after an aesthetician who looked at my skin suggested it but the thought of the bristles moving over my skin always gave me nightmares, like no matter how gentle they claimed it was/is, that I would still get some irritation.

Do you use it everytime you cleanse?

Edit to add Ragtag I love your PJ avatar!

sorry, letthemeatcake, it has been a while, but now i finally checked back on tfs.
i only use the clarisonic once a day, and i use the delicate brush head because my skin is quite sensitive. but i still LOVE this product. the sonic technology makes all the difference.

sorry, letthemeatcake, it has been a while, but now i finally checked back on tfs.
i only use the clarisonic once a day, and i use the delicate brush head because my skin is quite sensitive. but i still LOVE this product. the sonic technology makes all the difference.

i'm thinking of buying it, but if it doesn't work for me, i don't want to get stuck with a $200 thing that i will have no use for. :doh:

^^

Yeah, I use it with my amore pacific foaming cleanser. I couldn't imagine using it wihtout.. I think it wouldn't have enough slip.

^^Side note:Love Amore Pacific.

izzie stevens I dont think the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream would work with this though. I havent used it so who knows, but it seems foaming cleansers would work best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->