Class of 04 The Graduates

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
here comes the new generation of American designers

NEW YORK — The country’s design and art school student fashion shows came to an end this past weekend much the same way as they began — with a bang and an exhilarating burst of talent. The ideas kept flowing, from whimsical takes on Barbie and looks smartly recycling such unlikely items as coffee filters to retail-ready swingy coats. As always, there was a new version of that fashion perennial, the cocktail dress, this time in black and white polkadots. Most impressive, however, was the deft tailoring and use of luxurious fabrics by many young hopefuls. Here, more from the Class of 2004.

from wwd :flower:

052504_2p.jpg
:heart:
Anne Ryan, Rhode Island School of Design

052504_1p.jpg

Hyun-Jung Ko, Academy of Art University, San Francisco

052504_3p.jpg

Kanako Maeda, Academy of Art University :heart:

052504_4p.jpg

Lara Grant, Academy of Art University :heart:

052504_6p.jpg

Paula Collins, Academy of Art University :heart:

052504_8p.jpg

Angelene Hayes, Heather Roberts’ Critic Award for Excellence, Moore College of Art and Design, Philadelphia

thanks Lena,
I'm interested in Lara Grant and Paula Collins.
they seem to have something about their pieces.

Indeed,runner. Alot of quirkiness and creatvity coming from the American schools surprisingly.

Originally posted by Scott@May 25th, 2004 - 2:11 pm
Indeed,runner. Alot of quirkiness and creatvity coming from the American schools surprisingly.
never give up on American design , its time for a renaisance :flower:

i also agree with runner's choices but i also add Kanako Maeda actually i like all , except the last one and the second poste which were nothing new

oh...i've never heard of the academy of art university in san francisco...but it would seem like they have a good program if their students are turning out work like that!!...shows a tremendous ammount of promise... :woot:

how nice...to see some real talented designers... :flower:

thx again lena...

just to add...it seems that many of the names are of asian descent...i wonder if that's significant... :flower:

my pleasure soft :flower:

i agree that the SF art uni seems very promising, i think some web friends go there :unsure:

wopw surprisingly good! :woot:

Sf academy is ok, not very respected though

hello? u graduate from AAU? do u know which one is better for merchandising learning? AAU(in SF) or FIDM(in SF)??
I worked for fashion retail for few years and would like to study abroad for advanced study....Thanks and wait for your prompt reply

hsunhsun

The pictures doesn't show for me..am I the only one having that problem ?

no Hanne I can't get them either. *sulk*

it's because this was pulled out ofo the archives...
it seems that pictures don't get stored in the archives...

i think we need to bring this up to andy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->