Claude Montana S/S 1988 Paris

Discussion in 'History of Style : A Remembrance of Things Past' started by YohjiAddict, Nov 18, 2020.

1. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Twitter: muglerize

Phuel likes this.
  2. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Twitter: muglerize

Phuel likes this.
  3. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing Yohji.

Montana really didn’t make fashion history til his Pop Art a/w 19990 collection, as far as I’m concerned. I get that his hugely comical shoulders and leatherwear were hugely influential before, but they all come across now as such caricatures of the time: The silly Whoville hair, overwrought sunglasses, and the WTF way the models had to shuffle down the runway. He was talented but very limited. I can’t see his brand of style coming back in fashion the way that even the gaudiest 80s/90s style have.

Demna’s Balenciaga is going to be what Montana the brand is in 10-20 years: A caricature of high fashion and what epitomizes fashion-victimhood.