Claudia Schiffer bankrupts her cook

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
March 21, 2006

Claudia Schiffer bankrupts her cook

claudia-schiffer-bankruptcy.jpg
Claudia Schiffer has forced her former cook into bankruptcy after she used a quote in her cookbook without permission.
Sophie Mitchell had borrowed a quote from a letter the supermodel wrote to her mother and put it on the jacket of her new cookbook. "We love Sophie, and everyone loves her cooking, too," appears on the cover with Schiffer's name in giant type. But she never gave permission for Mitchell to use it, reports British Vogue Online. Ordered to pay damages, the cook has subsequently declared herself bankrupt.

Source: http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/2006/03/21/claudia_schiffer_destroys_live.html

:doh: Ok, I understand that Celebrities don`t want their names used without permission but couldn`t they work out some solution which would not have ruined the cook (especially since they know each other!)?

While I can understand that it would be annoying that alot of people would be trying to ride the coat tails of CS fame.... Bankrupting someone is a bit harsh!

Yea, I guess bankrupting someone is a bit harsh.... but so is using someone's name in order to further yourself... it's also wrong.

"...this is horrible and totally expected from someone who USED to be famous..." -blog comment

SO TRUE. :lol:

Sorry, but the cook has made herself dinner and now has to eat it...

Definitely should not have used her name without permission. But I agree the bankruptcy is a bit harsh.

she should have asked her......
otherwise, she's getting free promotion for her book now, so she shouldnt be bankrupt for too longer, i guess.

but it was in a personal letter....I'm sure if someone wrote a personal accolade to me and I was publishing something that coincided with it, I wouldn't think twice.

it also says, "former cook". if everyone loved her cooking so much, why would Claudia have tossed her?

my point is that this is just some rubbish put out by the cook's lawyers or publicity person, and we don't know any of the behind details. maybe she was fired for something aweful, after claudia wrote that letter, and it's not at all harsh. none of us knows.

^ I'm guessing she isnt her cook anymore after this situation?

That's a bitchy thing to do. She's a millionaire. How ticked off could she be that someone used a quote from a letter which was the cook's property. Ticked off enough to ruin someones life? b*tch.

shes known to be very money grabbing so this comes as no suprise
note to cook : poison her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->