Clements Ribeiro A/ W 2004

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
surprising strong return from Clements Ribeiro following two very 'low' seasons ,
review and photos from vogue.uk :flower:

CLEMENTS RIBEIRO

CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL THE PHOTOS

CLEMENTS RIBEIRO bathed London Fashion Week in fun at the BFC tent last night. Showing to a typically packed crowd, the husband-and-wife team blasted out Elton John's Bennie And The Jets as they offered a catalogue of unique, perfectly put together, colourful looks that will maintain their position as a mainstay of fashionable separates. While occasionally getting kooky by sending out a sequinned bowler, a jauntily slanting top hat or a black cashmere sweater featuring a skeleton print, in the main this collection was evidence of the designers' rampage through the haberdashery cupboard. Slinky wraparound dresses with cap sleeves came in bold prints or vintage-inspired lace and chiffon, mother-of-pearl buttons were scattered in floral patterns on cropped wool jackets or lined up down the sides of tailored trousers, a black chiffon cocktail dress was held up by two rows of pearls and a glimpse of one metallic, floral print appeared on the collar or in the pocket lining of a woollen coat. A chi chi twenties silhouette, that is determinedly staying on once the summer is over, appeared on gorgeous chiffon dresses while a mass of fur appeared on bulging coat collars, the panels of a pleated skirt, or in rows of narrow tails on a tiered shawl. The animal theme continued in leopard print leggings and tank tops and one cashmere sweater that featured a tiger's face. As eccentric as it was energy-filled, this collection highlighted the talent of this team that is as strong at home in London as it in on the Cacharel catwalk in Paris. (February 17 2004, AM)

I love this! And again Lena thanks for the pics :flower: But the skeleton top is just a little bit too creepy for me...

Originally posted by Cicciolina@Feb 17th, 2004 - 3:54 pm
the skeleton top is just a little bit too creepy for me...
you are welcome Cicciolina :flower:
you are right, its creepy & fun both at the same time :lol:

i also adore the short spat-like boots :heart:

more..
of course on the 20's 50s vintage trip and with few erhhmmm should i say :innocent: ...identical refferences to Dries Van Noten ss04 collection.
nevertheless, a good season from Clements Ribeiro :flower:

I love this! It's pretty and crazy and weird and everything I like. Gosh thank goodness for colour, it was looking like the Depression era at New York.

Mentally, I've stripped the models of their leggings as I'm not a fan of that look. What's left is really cool. The clothes are a lot of fun and diverse while maintaining a sense of collection.

The skeleton outfit, including the hat, is just right for Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Thanks for the pics!

Originally posted by Atelier@Feb 17th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
Mentally, I've stripped the models of their leggings as I'm not a fan of that look.
:lol: its not leggins at all atelier, it is just the effect of those weird mini-spat-like-boots :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 17th, 2004 - 9:52 am
:lol: its not leggins at all atelier, it is just the effect of those weird mini-spat-like-boots :wink:
Ooooooooh! Duh, taxi for me! :lol:

:heart: clements ribeiro review by wwd :flower:

Clements Ribeiro: The best thing about London designers is the way they can channel the city’s eccentric style in their collections, and Suzanne Clementgs and Inacio Ribeiro are no exceptions. After a couple of seasons of playing it safe yet pretty, they took us to a madcap Forties circus for fall that thrilled. It was all in the mix, a polkadot and floral patchwork slipdress with a fox wrap; a circus-print skirt with a skeleton intarsia sweater; a fluffy citrus fox jacket belted over a skirt appliquéd with pearly buttons. For the diva, a pintucked dress with floral lamé panels sparkled, and the ingenue wore a pale chiffon ballerina dress with little patches she might have sewed in herself. Striped knit dresses, a coat with huge ribbon-embroidered flowers, and a leopard-printed circle skirt were also fun under the big top.

you really need to search through with magnifying lenses coz there are some interesting pieces scattered around

well, i mean i don't like many of the looks. but i'm sure a few garments are cool. and it's a nice bright interestingly different change.

God some of these are gorgeous. I can't quite gt my head around the boot/spats thou... :ninja:

Much stroung than there past few collections, wich is very welcome, I really Love the skeleton shirts.

I also lvoe the animal motifes :heart: :ninja:

fun good collection :woot:

It's nice but I'm so tired of this "eccentric 50's" look that everyone's doing. It's soooo overdone. :wacko: But like someone said, there are a lot of really nice pieces here, you just have to remove all the crap that's thrown on.

And I agree about the Dries referencing. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->