Cloak S/s2005

minomni said:
i'm assuming this collection has gone on sale by now. i know the collection was shipped very late to many retailers, any leads on where i can still find some pieces in small or medium?

Opening Ceremony
(212) 219-2688

Good luck. Let us know if you find anything.

thanks. i will give them a try after i get off work. i noticed your location is in NYC - did you see anything from this s/s 05 collection that caught your eye at opening ceremony?

i was fortunate enough to get the elbow strap blazer (http://www.firstview.com/MENfall2004/CLOAK/P006.html), purple hoodie (http://www.firstview.com/MENfall2004/CLOAK/P013.html) and gray military jacket (http://www.firstview.com/MENfall2004/CLOAK/P016.html) from the fall 04 collection. there doesn't seem to be anything nearly as spectacular from spring 05. yet still, i feel like i must get something - the belted blouson perhaps? (http://www.firstview.com/WRTWspring2005/CLOAK/P040.html)

omg!!! that purple hoodie is everything I want...lol!!!

I must say, I prefer the previous collection in abundance..

when is cloak s/s 06? It better be good... :angry:

kLm said:
Neither of those Spring pieces were made...

i guess i literally grabbed a sample when i bought that belted blouson at the cloak sale last month.

minomni said:
thanks. i will give them a try after i get off work. i noticed your location is in NYC - did you see anything from this s/s 05 collection that caught your eye at opening ceremony?

i was fortunate enough to get the elbow strap blazer (http://www.firstview.com/MENfall2004/CLOAK/P006.html), purple hoodie (http://www.firstview.com/MENfall2004/CLOAK/P013.html) and gray military jacket (http://www.firstview.com/MENfall2004/CLOAK/P016.html) from the fall 04 collection. there doesn't seem to be anything nearly as spectacular from spring 05. yet still, i feel like i must get something - the belted blouson perhaps? (http://www.firstview.com/WRTWspring2005/CLOAK/P040.html)
The Fall04 collection was still part of the time that Plohkov (sp) was partnered with Robert Geller, and I truly believe their synergy made Cloak more fashion edgy. Now I think it's a little more cerebral, about the details and the cuts rather than those elements plus a very obvious awareness of the style zeitgeist. Also, last Spring was very dark and seemed rather unappealing when I saw the show, and I wonder if the split with the former partner colored the mood of the collection - both literally and figuratively. I wonder how bad the split was, because Cloak's website removed ALL references to those earlier collections.

Minomni, I have the same Fall04 items except for the hoodie. I like the Spring blouson jacket too, but am waiting to see how the Fall version looks (if it gets produced). However, considering how many items from Spring made it to the sample sale, I may just wait for it to be available that way, as they DO tend to have a lot of surplus...

According to opening Ceremony, the new Cloak store should be opening next month! I'll let everyone know when I get the email alert.

Last edited by a moderator:
amblus said:
i guess i literally grabbed a sample when i bought that belted blouson at the cloak sale last month.
Good for you - you must be a size 48. Mind if I ask how much it went for?

baklanyc said:
Good for you - you must be a size 48. Mind if I ask how much it went for?

i'm usually slimmer than a 48, but the shoulders are cut very narrow (just over 15" seam to seam across the back!), and since the chest is essentially adjustable, it's a decent fit. i paid $300 for it, which i regret (i agreed with your comments in the shopping thread that this wasn't a particularly good sale). i tell myself not to feel bad since i got my F04 Cloak blazer for dirt cheap.

baklanyc said:
The Fall04 collection was still part of the time that Plohkov (sp) was partnered with Robert Geller, and I truly believe their synergy made Cloak more fashion edgy. Now I think it's a little more cerebral, about the details and the cuts rather than those elements plus a very obvious awareness of the style zeitgeist. Also, last Spring was very dark and seemed rather unappealing when I saw the show, and I wonder if the split with the former partner colored the mood of the collection - both literally and figuratively. I wonder how bad the split was, because Cloak's website removed ALL references to those earlier collections.

Minomni, I have the same Fall04 items except for the hoodie. I like the Spring blouson jacket too, but am waiting to see how the Fall version looks (if it gets produced). However, considering how many items from Spring made it to the sample sale, I may just wait for it to be available that way, as they DO tend to have a lot of surplus...

According to opening Ceremony, the new Cloak store should be opening next month! I'll let everyone know when I get the email alert.

It is opening on the 15th August, last I talked to them. -snip- I just looked at their website and that's what it says there too -end snip- I saw almost all of the upcoming F/W collection, and I have to say that it is nearly as good as last year's. Some really excellent pieces, and the price increase actually looks to be fairly modest (about $1500 for the shorter leather jackets, which is close to what it is now). They got into Collette too, which they are quite excited about.

Hmm, $1500 isn't exactly cheap, and I wonder about my state of mind when I call it a modest increase.

Oh yeah that blouson above ^^ was indeed a sample.

amblus said:
i'm usually slimmer than a 48, but the shoulders are cut very narrow (just over 15" seam to seam across the back!), and since the chest is essentially adjustable, it's a decent fit. i paid $300 for it, which i regret (i agreed with your comments in the shopping thread that this wasn't a particularly good sale). i tell myself not to feel bad since i got my F04 Cloak blazer for dirt cheap.

Hey, $300 dollars for a piece that I really liked and would have happily bought if it had been produced seems pretty good to me :wink: There is a gorgeous leather jacket that both Bakla and I have from last fall's collection at U&I in Montreal in size M. It is either 1/2 or 1/4 of the original price, I can't remember.

the quilted belted cotton/twill blouson from fall '05 also tops my wish list. although, when i was able to get a copy of a cloak order form - i did not see it on their price list. it would seem that this piece will also not be produced for this upcoming season. anyone have anymore information on this piece? it's look 16 at cloakdesign.com.

also, as a side note - it does say their flagship store will be opening on the 15th of august under the 'clothiers' section. anyone have any information on possible sample sales for cloak?

sadly, i've never been to nyc and will be making my first trip this fall. any store recommendations would be grealy appreciated as i am plan my shopping days accordingly =) i'm a fan of the belgian aesthetic, but by no means an expert. what stores should i look into? (dh, ann d, raf, hl, dries, rick owens, ccp, les hommes, etc)

yes, that is the back. there are elbow flaps that have a circular cut out and wrap around your elbows.

minomni said:
sadly, i've never been to nyc and will be making my first trip this fall. any store recommendations would be grealy appreciated as i am plan my shopping days accordingly =) i'm a fan of the belgian aesthetic, but by no means an expert. what stores should i look into? (dh, ann d, raf, hl, dries, rick owens, ccp, les hommes, etc)
Atelier, for one. There's a thread on it here.

And the sample sales won't take place for another few months again...

minomni said:
the quilted belted cotton/twill blouson from fall '05 also tops my wish list. although, when i was able to get a copy of a cloak order form - i did not see it on their price list. it would seem that this piece will also not be produced for this upcoming season. anyone have anymore information on this piece? it's look 16 at cloakdesign.com.

also, as a side note - it does say their flagship store will be opening on the 15th of august under the 'clothiers' section. anyone have any information on possible sample sales for cloak?

What you need is Faust's NYC shopping guide. PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

Actually, I have no idea what's in OC right now, because last time I was there they didn't receive the collection yet. Cloak has to get their production and QA s**t together to get more attention from me in all honesty - even though I love the aesthetic.

I am sorry if this post doesn't belong here, and forgive me if it is not, but I noticed that some were still able to find some Cloak items from F04. I picked up the blazer and wasitcoat from that season in the picture below, but couldn't get the pants in my size 30. Needless to say I would love to complete the suit and wanted to ask if anyone would know where I can pick them, or if anyone has come across them. It would be awesome if I can ask anyone who does to pick them up for me, and I will pay back in any chosen way. I realize this may be a desperate attempt, but I really would love to have the suit.

On another note, I think that was their strongest season (or one off) and I don't think I'll be picking up much in the sales, maybe a pair of jeans or two.

Many thanks for any help in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->