Cloak S/s2005

drexl said:
Oh man, you got the black trench? I wanted that one sooo bad when they first got it in september, but couldn't bear spending $1200+tax on it, then ran out of cash during X-mas. Anyways, if you ever want to sell it, you know who to contact :P

Yeah, I felt the same thing about the grain on the leather, I prefer the smoother leathers they used for fall-winter 2004 (I don't know if you remember the black jacket with hood). I think you can get better leather jackets on Ebay for the same price as the aviator jacket (for example Rick Owens, he does nice leathers). I don't think it'll go down to 75% off though, I've never seen Eric put anything Cloak under 50% (or 60% for other brands).

Yeah I got the small (is that your usual size too and does that make us rivals? :D ), price was relatively good if you consider the exchange rate at the time U&I bought ther stock (trench was 1000USD or even 1100 in NY, I forget and 1300CAN at Richard Kidd) + he gave me a little rebate. It's pretty tight fitting (I wear a size 36 suit jacket and feel all constricted if I try to wear one underneath the coat, definitely only wearable with at most a tee and hoodie or the equivalent). If you ever try to order it/get it from ebay keep in mind it's cotton (like the first trenches ever made) though so it's less impervious to rain and slightly more fragile than a regular trench. I love how the fabric on the arms bunched up, creating small wrinkles.

I'll try looking on ebay for leather jackets, Owens is a good idea, but for articles I know less about being able to try them before buying is something I'm willing to pay for. Maybe I'll just wait till the next time I go to London or NY.

Fuuma said:
Yeah I got the small (is that your usual size too and does that make us rivals? :D ), price was relatively good if you consider the exchange rate at the time U&I bought ther stock (trench was 1000USD or even 1100 in NY, I forget and 1300CAN at Richard Kidd) + he gave me a little rebate. It's pretty tight fitting (I wear a size 36 suit jacket and feel all constricted if I try to wear one underneath the coat, definitely only wearable with at most a tee and hoodie or the equivalent). If you ever try to order it/get it from ebay keep in mind it's cotton (like the first trenches ever made) though so it's less impervious to rain and slightly more fragile than a regular trench. I love how the fabric on the arms bunched up, creating small wrinkles.

I'll try looking on ebay for leather jackets, Owens is a good idea, but for articles I know less about being able to try them before buying is something I'm willing to pay for. Maybe I'll just wait till the next time I go to London or NY.

Trench was 1100USD so 1200CAN is definitely good, it means the pricing was slightly higher in NY ^^

Fuuma said:

That's cool. I was a small in with that particular trenchcoat, but I'm usually a size M, so no competition ^_^

Fuuma said:
The leather seemed kinda stiff and I might have liked a less grainy piece more, plus I have no idea how warm it really is. All in all I'm still ambivalent but if someone could still find it for $150 at Filene's basement I would definitely give it a try. Problem is it's probably sold out...

Nah, it isn't at Filene's basement any more, someone bought them all and occasionally tries to hawk them on eBay. I haven't seen them up there lately, maybe they've sold. Also, that leather was beyond stiff--I'm sure it would loosen up, but I don't have a decade to spend on it.

The leather from the F/W 04 collection was awesome, as someone mentioned.

kLm said:
The leather from the F/W 04 collection was awesome, as someone mentioned.
I'll second that. Their leathers were amazing that season. Mine is still pretty much perfect.

gunpwdr said:
Bakla, you have any problems with any of the pockets giving? Namely the ones with the flap? Both of mine have torn... :angry:
On the leather coat? No, not really. Although truth to tell, I haven't used it too much - I tend to rotate my clothes a lot.

baklanyc said:
On the leather coat? No, not really. Although truth to tell, I haven't used it too much - I tend to rotate my clothes a lot.

Oops... I read your prior post as "a leather version of" and thought you had the wool one that I do. One of my favorite coats, but I do question the quality...

gunpwdr said:
Bakla, you have any problems with any of the pockets giving? Namely the ones with the flap? Both of mine have torn... :angry:

One of mine torn.

gunpwdr said:
Oops... I read your prior post as "a leather version of" and thought you had the wool one that I do. One of my favorite coats, but I do question the quality...
Their leathers have held up. The other fabrications, not so much. Their washed denim elbow-strap jackets sucked, quality-wise.

Originally Posted by baklanyc
Their washed denim elbow-strap jackets sucked, quality-wise.

haha...mine got torn up twice already (both arms' lining) :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckwheat said:
haha...mine got torn up twice already (both arms' lining) :doh:
Mine too. Didn't we already tell each other this? And in the first week of wear, too! :P

Gap clothes hold up better than that. Maybe even Walmart. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->